Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 06:00:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMike Inel
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mike Inel  (Read 6048 times)
KniteBlargh
Level 4

Blargh...

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2009, 02:45:58 PM »

I was just browsing Deviantart randomly and came across a couple semi-experimental games by this talented guy.

For those of you that don't visit Deviantart much, the download button for both games is located to the left of the preview image. Important technical information is found in the creator's comment below the preview image.

How is a short game with no music, but still some interesting atmosphere; you play as a girl who's trying to collect spheres on the ground and place them in a well. You can consume the spheres to gain stamina, but if you eat too many, you'll faint and therefore end the game. Sometimes there are fake wells that disappear when you try to place the spheres into them as well.

Where is a beautiful ambient maze game. The concept is simple, but it really is pretty. In the beginning, you walk toward an object you see in the distance which then triggers the maze. The maze layout and surroundings can be changed when reaching one of the surrounding pillars. Though Mike Inel says this is unfinished, I'm not sure if that's still the case or not; it's still a very pleasant experience.

Hope some of you will find these to be as worthwhile as I have. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 03:43:50 PM by KniteBlargh » Logged

Dhomochevsky
Level 0

humm.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 02:47:16 AM »

just finished Where.
very nice indeed Coffee

eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 10:05:14 AM »

Blink Blink

GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 12:16:46 PM »

I played Where yesterday and loved it!  And given that it's really just a simple maze game, that's saying something; it was definitely this guy's excellence creation of atmosphere that kept me playing.  Kiss
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic