Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:20:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsNew Unity3D Learning Environment on YouTube
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Unity3D Learning Environment on YouTube  (Read 1049 times)
renaissanceCoder1
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2015, 02:32:32 PM »

Hello, game enthusiasts. My name is Darren, and I am the co-creator of a YouTube channel called Renaissance Coders where we are teaching Unity3D concepts from the bottom up - expecting little to no knowledge in scripting, programming, or software/game development in general from our viewers.

Our channel is about 4 weeks old and we already have 19 videos up. We push multiple, highly informative videos out each week about Unity, Unity scripting, C# programming, and JavaScript. If you desire to thrive in these areas, give us a shot right here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkUIs-k38aDaImZq2Fgsyjw

Jared, the other creator of Renaissance Coders, and I are passionate about teaching development - but our biggest setback right now is our lack of viewership and community (since we are new). So if you truly want to learn game development in Unity3D, come check us out and you wont be disappointed. As I said before, we are motivated and passionate about teaching this stuff, we post videos quite regularly, and we can't wait to complete some really cool projects with all of you who aspire to be great game developers.

A little more information about us for those of you who are still reading - Jared and I are seniors in college studying specifically game development. Our school is Southern Polytechnic State University here in Georgia, and between the two of us we have several years of experience in Unity3D.

What types of tutorials do we create?
-We are focusing first on programming. Jared handles JavaScript programming tutorials, while I handle C#. I also conduct tutorials specifically for Unity3D Scripting in C#. The reason we care so much about programming is because we care about the development part of creating games.
-We also have Unity Basics tutorials, where we talk about how to use the Unity3D interface and how to use tools (such as the Scene and Game View, Inspector, Profiler, Project Panel, Lighting Manager, Animator, and much more).
-As the tutorials become progressively more difficult, we will start making full recordings of our development process through entire games (we want to do this every month). They will be mini-games where multiple game systems are talked about in depth and programmed in video for everyone to learn.

What are our goals?
-We have quite a few actually. Our biggest priority - alongside putting out videos weekly - is getting our website up and running. We plan on having a reward system for learning new things based on how many videos each user watches.
-We will also have competitions (such as game jams) every month where more points and badges can be earned from our site. Eventually we would like our fans to be able to cash in these points for real-life merchandise.
-This is all part of our community-building plan.

Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to tell you about our YouTube tutorial channel and our upcoming learning website.
It would mean a lot to us if you helped keep this thread alive so other people have a chance to read it.
Here is our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkUIs-k38aDaImZq2Fgsyjw
Here is our Twitter page. https://twitter.com/RenaissanceCode

While we do have plans for upcoming tutorials, we would love to hear what all of you want to learn in Unity3D. So let us know by replying below.  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:47:04 PM by renaissanceCoder1 » Logged
renaissanceCoder1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 02:42:49 AM »

We have completed our first series: C# for beginners. And now we get to focus on more Unity3D tutorials!

We strongly believe in the idea that a great game developer needs to know their stuff to be a considered great. It all starts with the basics. We also believe you cannot be an efficient C# scripter in Unity3D without knowing how to program in C#.

So here it is. Enjoy! Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4CCSwmU04Mh-1jjEBgpttAnZSA0bfhop

If you are new to programming, watch these videos and you will finally be ready to begin making great games in Unity3D.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic