Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 04:33:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallVigilantes: Neo Noir, Turn Based RPG, Now on Steam!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Vigilantes: Neo Noir, Turn Based RPG, Now on Steam!  (Read 12993 times)
TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2015, 01:29:49 AM »

Hi all,

Here's a very early look at the turn based RPG I've been working on for the last 5 months. Still very much early days, but it is coming along. Comments, suggestions, and observations very welcome!

Edit:

On 5th October 2017, Vigilantes went live on Steam EA. Here's the release trailer and a link to the store page!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 02:20:14 PM by TimeSlip » Logged

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 02:40:30 PM »

Hi all,

Have just made a second development video for a crime themed turn based RPG I've been working on for the last 9 months. Things are coming along fairly well, but there's still a lot of work to do.

Here's a link to the development vlog, if you'd like to check it out.

If any part of this interests you, or if you have any questions or observations, please let me know!

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 11:16:47 AM »

Hi again,

Hope you're having a good day. Here are a couple of recent screenshots from the game. This is a level I've been working on over the last few days.

And this is a close up of one of the allies which you can encounter in your adventures.

All comments and observations welcome! If you'd like to stay tuned to this game's development, you can get occasional updates at my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Timeslipsoftworks/

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 08:02:03 AM »

An artist has recently started working on the project, and has just finished the first artwork. I'm very happy with it, what do you think?

On the scripting side, I've recently been working on making allowing the player to influence the game through dialogue, so you can demoralise, distract, and discover weaknesses in enemies, to give you an advantage once the fighting starts. If you'd like to get occasional updates on development, I invite you to drop by my facebook page and say hello!

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 04:35:25 AM »

Hi. Thanks for stopping by

Here's another artwork from the game, and a development video showing firing from full cover.

Comments and observations welcome. If you's like more information on the game, you are most welcome to stop by my facebook page and say hi!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:09:25 AM by TimeSlip » Logged

Pickle Jar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 07:36:02 AM »

This is looking really sweet. Good work so far!!
TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 04:00:24 PM »

Thank you Pickle Jar! Cheers for the encouragement. Have you a thread here with a game you are working on?

LtFEED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 04:41:52 PM »

great start TimeSlip  Smiley

I think your on the right track, you just got a lot of work ahead of you!

One thing i recommend is better lighting, what engine are you using?

Lead Dev / Brand Manager at Platoon Studios
TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 02:40:22 AM »

Thank you, LtFEED. Yeah, lots still to do. Cheers for the suggestion, hoping to be able to spend some time improving the visual quality of the game soon, as most of the time to date has been spent on putting the basics in place. Using Unity 5!

LtFEED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 08:45:00 AM »

awesome, if you got the drive to make the game, then its just a matter of time before you do great things.
Please keep us updated with your progress, I want to see more!  Smiley

Lead Dev / Brand Manager at Platoon Studios
TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 06:20:55 AM »

awesome, if you got the drive to make the game, then its just a matter of time before you do great things.
Please keep us updated with your progress, I want to see more!  Smiley

Cheers LtFeed. Oh I'll finish it, it's one of those hell or high water scenarios : ) Here's the most recent illustration, which will be used as a base for the game's main menu. I've been working on the splash and main menu, so will post a short video of that too.

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 06:39:25 AM »

Hello,

Hope you're having a good day!

Here's the

for Timeslip Softworks. Comments and criticism welcome! It's worth mentioning that there's no sound with the video for now, as the same track plays between the splash screen and main menu. I'll make a video of the whole thing soon!

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 07:45:13 AM »

Hello.

Here's the most recent development video for Vigilantes, showing a sudden transition from sunny, summer lighting to a rain drenched urban nightscape complete with flashing lightning. Then, the fighting starts. Hope you enjoy!

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 06:27:52 AM »

Here's the most recent development video for Vigilantes, bringing you from the splash, through the main menu, all the way to the end of the first mission. Comments, questions, and criticism welcome!

The alpha will be made available within the next 6 weeks. If you'd like to be the first to try out Vigilantes, feel free to visit https://www.facebook.com/Timeslipsoftworks for further updates.

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 06:15:14 AM »

With the alpha release drawing near, there are quite a few areas that could use a little polish. Over the last few days, I've been fleshing out the mechanics and adding effects for the explosive weapons: IEDs, incendiary, and smoke grenades. Here's a short video, so you can see the progress.

As always, comments, questions, and criticism welcome. If you'd like to be notified when the alpha is available (it's free to try), feel free to follow Vigilantes on IndieDB or on Facebook

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 05:27:25 AM »

Hi all,

Here's the most recent illustration for Vigilantes, showing one of Reiker City's gangs, The Church of the Final Exodus, in the middle of a bizarre cult ceremony.

There's also a new development video, showing some of the more recent changes:

As always, comments, questions, and criticism welcome. If you'd like to be notified when the alpha is available (it's free to try), feel free to follow Vigilantes on IndieDB or on Facebook

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2016, 07:30:32 AM »

Character art and background info for Ray Case, a recruitable companion in Vigilantes. Comments and criticism welcome!

Name's Case. Ray Case. Licensed private investigator for the Greater Reiker Metropolitan area. If you're in the market for a Seamus, look no farther. Need a guy to shake a few trees, see if a monkey falls out? I'm in. Need someone to put the squeeze on a blackmailer for 25 dollars a day plus reasonable expenses? I'm your guy. Remember, the first sap I take to the back of the head is on the house.

If you'd like a heads up when the alpha is available (it's free to try), feel free to stop by on IndieDB or on Facebook
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:46:29 AM by TimeSlip » Logged

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 08:03:12 AM »

Hello again.

Here's another illustration from Vigilantes, showing Elena Furey, a character who may join your struggle. I've included the character's intro also. Would be grateful for any feedback on either the illustration or the text. Thanks for reading!

Character Introduction

Cancer took him, then they took her. There's nothing left.

A year of days of rage and grief, a constant cycling between gym, firing range, dojo. A year ago a nearly hysterical woman crossed the threshold of the Reiker City Civic Gym for the first time in her life. The same, but a different person walked out those doors this evening.

Every thug in this city has a boss. One of those bosses gave the order, and he or she is out there right now, living out the violent, end of days, gun nut fantasy that is the survivalist approximation of a normal life. I'm going to keep stepping over corpses until I get a name, and when I do, I'm going to find them, and teach them the true nature of violence.

Find out more
If you'd like a heads up when the alpha is available (it's free to try), feel free to stop by on IndieDB or on Facebook

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 08:20:27 AM by TimeSlip » Logged

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 12:02:32 PM »

Hello again,

Some good news: the free alpha version of Vigilantes, which is a crime themed, turn based RPG, is now available for Windows. Currently, there are 3 mission, which amounts to about 15-20 minutes of gameplay. Mac and Linux versions will be released later in development. The download is on IndieDB if you'd like to check it out. If you do get a chance to try it, please let me know what you think!

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2016, 04:13:16 AM »

A sneak peak at the officer down scenario, which will feature in the second alpha release:

« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 04:19:22 AM by TimeSlip » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic