Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:33:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallVigilantes: Neo Noir, Turn Based RPG, Now on Steam!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Vigilantes: Neo Noir, Turn Based RPG, Now on Steam!  (Read 12997 times)
TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 05:45:42 AM »

Hello again!

The latest alpha release is now available from IndieDB

Here's a quick rundown of the changes:

New Content

2 new missions: Officer Down & Brawl
    2 new enemies: Church of the Final Exodus Chaplain & Survivalist Gunner
    2 new items: General Arms Patriot Revolver & Smoke Grenade
    1 new vigilante: Emilia DeSoto

Usability Improvements

Ability to auto loot
    Ability to transfer all items between inventories
    Can choose between 3 camera modes

Visual Improvements

Added volumetric lighting to high quality settings
    Added ability to render the game world in a painted style

Balancing

Opponents are less frequently armed with firearms

Bug Fixes

Fixed several inventory related bugs

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2016, 04:42:10 AM »

This shot has been endorsed by the Random Number God  Smiley

If you'd like to check out the most recent alpha release, which is free to play, and has about an hour of content, you can find it here
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:47:30 AM by TimeSlip » Logged

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 07:42:48 AM »

Alpha 5 Released!

Hello! The 5th alpha of crime themed turn based RPG is now available as a free download for Windows from IndieDB.

Since the last post, there have been numerous additions and changes, and the latest alpha version has around 2 hours of gameplay. Here's a quick rundown of some of the changes.

Features
  • Added crafting, and 8 crafting receipes
  • Added new weapon classes: Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, Bladed
  • Added armour
  • Added active perks
  • Added critical hits
  • Added blood effects

Content
  • Added 5 new weapons
  • Added 8 new items
  • Added 10 perks
  • Added new enemy type: Mafia Enforcer
  • Added new encounter: Meltdown

Here's the most recent development video, covering the most recent changes, such as using taunt to control the course of a battle.

Comments and criticism are very welcome. Thanks for reading!

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2016, 04:26:49 AM »

Here's the first voiced character introduction for Vigilantes, which introduces recruitable companion Ray Case, a hard boiled private eye. This one was a lot of fun to write. It's been written for several months, and I've really been looking forward to getting the illustration and voice over done, so I could make the video and share it with you. So, without further ado:

Bonus Question: Who's your favourite fictional detective?

Free Windows Alpha
Facebook
Forum
Twitter
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 10:13:09 AM by TimeSlip » Logged

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2016, 10:10:18 AM »

Hi all,

Hope you're having a good one. Would like to share a let's play of Vigilantes, recorded by Jonathan of Jonboy games. If you are looking for exposure for your games, it may be worth getting in touch as he's very indie friendly and open to playing alphas.

For me, the hardest part of game development is connecting with the press, find it really demoralising sending out tons of emails and getting few responses. It's great that there are channels like this which will give the little guy a shot.

What's the hardest part of game development for you?

Free Windows Alpha
Facebook
Forum
Twitter
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 10:16:15 AM by TimeSlip » Logged

KrilltheKill
Level 0

Shiz

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2016, 07:22:44 AM »

This seems like a project with a lot of potential, I hope you're able to finish it ;3

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2016, 05:22:31 AM »

Thanks, KrilltheKill. Most of the more complex work is complete on the game, so it's mostly about content and balancing at this stage. It's going to take time, but I will finish it  Smiley

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2016, 03:16:52 PM »

Hi all. Hope all's well. Here's a short video showing the effect of a well placed explosive in Vigilantes!

Free Windows Alpha
Facebook
Forum
Twitter

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2016, 06:04:21 AM »

Hello!

Here's a sneak peek at the new mission and vigilante which will be added in alpha 7! Hope you enjoy. Comments and suggestions welcome!

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 06:13:50 AM »

Hi all!

Alpha 7 is now available from Indie DB. If you'd like to check out the latest free alpha build, you can download it here.

If you'd like to see Vigilantes in action, here's a short video showing an explosive miss. When you're lobbing improvised explosives around, accuracy isn't of paramount importance.

Alpha 7 Release Notes:
  • Added new vigilante: Ray Case
  • Added new encounter: Too Many Questions
  • Added voiceovers for Ray Case, Elena Furey, and Emilia De Soto
  • Added 4 new perks: Eye for Weakness, Deep Cut, Concussive Blow, Solar Plexus Strike
  • Added 3 new status effects: Concussed, Bleeding, Winded
  • Improved appearance of perk screen
  • Improved legibility of combat notifications when using oil paint filter
  • Added a number of bug fixes

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2016, 04:49:18 AM »

Hello,

Here's the next character intro for Vigilantes, this time for Emilia De Soto, a Reiker City police lieutenant. Hope you enjoy!

readyplaygames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2016, 11:30:22 AM »

I played it, it's got promise! Check it out.
Major_Minion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2016, 05:47:10 AM »

Inspiring! You've made a lot of progress from your first video to your last! Keep going! Smiley
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2016, 09:33:09 AM »

Hello,

Here's the next character intro for Vigilantes, this time for Emilia De Soto, a Reiker City police lieutenant. Hope you enjoy!

Great voice acting (is that a native accent or no?) and cool micro-fiction

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2016, 10:47:12 AM »

I played it, it's got promise! Check it out.

Thanks, readyplaygames! I've been working on the feedback you gave me and have implemented a number of your suggestions. The observation about the amount of time it takes for AI melee attacks was very useful, as I'd really like to keep the pacing as tight as possible, but I've been looking at it for so long, I couldn't see the delay for AI melee attacks myself. Cheers for that! I've tightened the timing up now, so turns will pass more quickly now.

Inspiring! You've made a lot of progress from your first video to your last! Keep going! Smiley

I'm the only developer working on this, so sometimes it feels like staring up from the base of Everest, so thank you for the kind words, Major_Minion! It means a lot. I just checked out the first video, and you're right, it's quite the difference, I should look at that whenever I get in a slump : )

Great voice acting (is that a native accent or no?) and cool micro-fiction

Thanks, quantumpotato! I'm actually not sure if it's the voice actress's native accent. I put out an audition for the part, got around 15 auditions, and felt Elissa's was the best match for the part on grounds of authenticity and delivery. You can hear the "B" in cadavers, and that's good enough for me Smiley

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2016, 06:16:56 AM »

Hello again. Here's one of the more recent development videos. The focus of this video is a new AI for sniper characters, which stalks the player at a range, moving between cover, and flanking around any obstructions to get a clear shot.

Twenty five or so hours later and a few infinite loop crashes, it's working fairly well, but will tweak it more as time goes by.

Comments and criticism are welcome, and if you'd like to check out the new build, where you face this character, you can find it here.

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2016, 06:06:41 AM »

Here's the development video showing the first part of work on alpha 9. So far, the first interior mission has been added. The intention is that gangs will set up facilities around the city, which you'll have to find and clear out. There's also a new enemy, the fanatic, who's job is to keep the Church of the Final Exodus's grunts in line.

If you'd like to check out the latest free windows alpha, you can find it here.

Comments most welcome. Have a good one!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 06:34:59 AM by TimeSlip » Logged

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2016, 05:45:31 AM »

Hello again!

I've recently released the 9th alpha of Vigilantes. In this alpha, you'll get to meet this charming fellow.

The latest alpha release includes a new enemy, the fanatic, the first interior mission, where you assault a Church of the Final Exodus facility, and post mission looting which allows you to find additional items based on your bypass skill. Here's a short video showing the new level and enemy:

Most of the time, I've been able to release a new alpha every 2 weeks. This time, adding interior levels proved to be more work than anticipated, and coupled with some technical problems which made this probably the most difficult alpha to date, taking an entire month to release! If you'd like to check out the alpha, you can download it here. As always, feeback on how I'm doing is very much appreciated! Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 05:55:17 AM by TimeSlip » Logged

Devdog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2016, 03:59:51 AM »

I'm not a big fan of turn-based RPGs in general, but this looks quite interesting. Also, I'm kind of a sucker for following games from beginning till end. You've clearly made some great progress since you launched this thread. Did you do it all on your own?

I'm just curious since it seems there have been put in quite a lot of man-hours. Keep it up!  Smiley
TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2016, 03:16:55 PM »

Hello Devdog. Thanks for the kind words. I've done the coding, design, writing, managing the project and most of the testing. So, quite a lot of different hats : )

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic