Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:08:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosWriter for Sale or Rent
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Writer for Sale or Rent  (Read 4065 times)
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2015, 12:22:02 PM »

I'm a published writer of several years' experience and I'm currently available for commissions, revenue-share proposals, birthdays and bar mitzvahs.

Here are a couple of very different examples of my recent work for games:

Spirits of Xanadu - Published by Night Dive Studios and released on Steam. I wrote all the story, dialogue and incidental text for this game. It's very narrative-driven and the depth of storytelling has received a fair amount of praise already (here's a good example).

Fistful of Gun - Published recently by Devolver Digital. I wrote all the story, character bios and dialogue. The game is a fast-paced shooter so the writing is designed to be funny and snappy, giving a bit of context to the gameplay without breaking its flow.

Other freelance clients have included Ubisoft and Pieces Interactive.

Many more links to games I have worked on can be found here, along with examples of my published fiction. It should hopefully stand as evidence that I'm comfortable with a whole range of styles and formats.

I also make my own games using Construct 2 and Unity, dabble a little in pixel art and am in the process of learning C++. This has given me a basic but broad understanding of all aspects of development and I can contribute meaningfully to the design process when required.

Finally, I love a challenge and I'm not precious about my work. I'll commit myself fully to any project I undertake and I'll follow instructions to the letter.

Any interested parties should feel free to contact me here, by PM or by email (leewilliams75 at gmail) to discuss rates etc. I'm always happy to chat without any obligation.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:18:57 PM by Panurge » Logged

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 01:29:13 PM »

Apologies for booting this back up the board but I've just finished a couple of small jobs and have time to fit in another project or two.

Also, I forgot to mention that I'll happily write a free sample page without commitment.

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 11:51:39 AM »

Just straightening out my work for the summer and I have space for one or two more projects.

Call me.

(*Waggles hand in a 'telephone' gesture and winks creepily*).

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 02:25:16 PM »

Thought I'd give this a bump for the new year. I currently split my time pretty evenly between writing and teaching but I'd like to tip the balance towards the former so I'm looking for a few more paying projects.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 01:21:59 PM by Panurge » Logged

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 06:55:32 AM »

Bumping this to mention I have a new website here: www.leewilliams.eu which has details of some recently published projects (including Trackmania Turbo for Ubisoft). I'm going to have an extra weekday free very soon so I'm looking for a new project or two.

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 09:44:12 AM »

I have a few quiet weeks coming up so thought I'd bump this in case anyone could use some help with writing or narrative design.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:52:52 AM by Panurge » Logged

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 08:14:56 AM »

My annual bump in honour of another quiet February. I have some availability coming up if anyone needs a writer.

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 12:27:08 PM »

Boing. Summer hols are coming up and the lull in teaching work will give me extra time for writing. Will even consider helping out for free or rev-share on projects I like during this period - come get me while I'm lukewarm. Smiley

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 10:33:47 AM »

Ka-boing. Just finished two long-term projects so looking to fill a vacuum in my day which Overwatch will otherwise rush in to occupy. Will write anything from shopping lists to Shakespearean sonnets!

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 07:36:07 AM »

New year's bounce. Recent credits include Phantom Halls and Return of the Obra Dinn. Currently have one free day each week, looking for some interesting work to chase away the winter blues...

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 09:02:25 AM »

Annual bounce! I've recently quit my day job to focus full-time on writing so I'm looking for some new projects. I have a game out for Choice of Games next month (this: https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/ironheart-wip/51650) after which I should have a good deal of time of my hands. I'll consider anything that's legal and doesn't require me to handle rodents (mild phobia).

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2020, 10:18:30 PM »

Boing! Quarantine bounce. I find myself with more free time than I'd expected...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic