Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:09:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Death Worm Stage Design
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Death Worm Stage Design  (Read 32884 times)
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2009, 11:56:03 AM »

Erin, don't worry about it. It's totally voluntary, and we appreciate your tips and suggestions. Stay around and keep commenting, it's always good to know what people think about stuff when making decisions Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

Was just kidding with ya :D

Why do people try use the "it's such-and-such way in the actual game" argument?  If the sky gradient were lighter, you wouldn't no longer be able to tell what game it was from.  It's usually a dumb idea to sacrifice artistic quality for some kind of obscure accuracy.  I mean, the ground in the level looks almost nothing like the ground in the actual game, does it?

Sorry if I'm blowing things out of proportion, but I keep seeing this kind of thing pop up in this project's threads.
I think "the orginal game"-arguments can be valid, at least some of them. We are preforming a fine balance between keeping the original feeling of stuff from their home games, adapting stuff to indie brawl standards, keeping a decent artistic quality and maybe adding a little creative liberation as well. All of those has to have it's space.
Yami
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2009, 02:38:31 PM »

The sky should be a bit brighter and there needs to be more contrast between the sky and the moon instead of them blending together.

Example:

salade
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2009, 01:10:04 PM »

for a way to program death worm, their is a cop- out solution.

deathworm either emerges from the foreground or the background, and descends in the other one, leaving behind a trail of destruction.

just a copout solution.

is everyone really arguing about the sky gradient?
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2009, 03:48:40 PM »

At the moment it looks like the ground is in daytime but with a night sky ('cause it's dark). I reckon just lighten up the sky somewhat.
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2009, 03:51:27 PM »

Oh and yes, Death Worm is based on the mythical (hopefully!) Mongolian Death Worm.
godsavant
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2009, 04:57:17 PM »

Finally, time for another revision. I had a slight urge to work on Indie Brawl again today, although I feel it may pass as quickly as it came.

Decided to spice up the background. Alas, the layers were inexplicably lost, and so the gradients in the sky have been removed. Anyone who cares to add them back in is welcome to do so.

Clouds
are courtesy of Rakugaki-otoko (with permission, of course).

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2009, 05:19:44 PM »

That made my night better! Is the stage going to turn from day to night in the game? Because there was a night mode in Death Worm.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
godsavant
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2009, 05:21:06 PM »

Too complicated to be feasible atm, methinks, considering our current manpower (or lack thereof) and general slowness in getting much done. Not to say that I'm innocent.  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2009, 05:38:01 PM »

I've been incredibly busy with college. In about a week, I'll start work on this again.

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2009, 05:40:21 PM »

School ends for me in 2 weeks and 4 days.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
N
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2009, 06:23:00 PM »

I've been incredibly busy with college. In about a week, I'll start work on this again.
Kiss Kiss Kiss
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2009, 06:32:08 PM »

To be honest, I can't wait to get back to Indie Brawl. There are so many improvements I've been dying to make but simply haven't had time to do.

Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2009, 07:50:43 PM »

You could easily make a day/night cycle just with a few different sky backgrounds as an animation. Or something like that.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2009, 10:28:44 PM »

That looks really good! Only problem as I see it is that it's untrue to the original, but if it looks better, what the hell Shrug

godsavant
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »

That looks really good! Only problem as I see it is that it's untrue to the original, but if it looks better, what the hell Shrug

Hey, we already added in the rusty platforms, why not go all the way. Shrug

Also, @ Nightshade: tell me what we still need to have a working prototype of the stage.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2009, 06:52:52 PM »

Flashygoodness's music in any playable format. That should be about it.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2009, 09:03:53 PM »

There's no need to rush. As you can probably tell, we're not on a tight schedule.

Even if it's not finished for Milestone 1, whatever you have finished already will be fine.  Smiley

godsavant
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2009, 12:06:47 PM »

Okay, now that the new test build is out, getting this stage done is my top priority for IB. Missiles and ground burst are all we need, hmm?
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2009, 12:14:19 PM »

Yeah, basically. That and Flashy's music. But besides actually programming the thing, I'd say it's nearly done.

godsavant
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2009, 05:28:17 PM »

BOMB.

Don't know if I got the outlines thick enough, it's been a while since I did work for IB.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic