Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:46:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTerminal Rain \\ Cyberpunk roguelike with ASCII lighting and weather effects
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Terminal Rain \\ Cyberpunk roguelike with ASCII lighting and weather effects  (Read 8377 times)
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2018, 05:32:08 PM »

Thanks! I really like Terminal Rain... I might end up going with that.

My pleasure, and I'm glad that you like the name; I hope that it helps, whether you go with it or not. ^_^

no1hitjam
Level 0

collision detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2018, 11:33:45 PM »

My pleasure, and I'm glad that you like the name; I hope that it helps, whether you go with it or not. ^_^

Well I decided to go with it, thanks so much for the suggestion! I like the double meaning of terminal, since it's a rogue-like you'll be dying fairly frequently. And it just sounds cool. Thanks!

I've decided to revise what interiors look like. You can see two posts ago what my old style looked like. I just didn't feel like it looked cool enough. I've been  building a bar and trying harder to give it the neon cyberpunk vibe that the exteriors have. This is what I've come up with so far, let me know what you think!

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2018, 03:36:43 PM »

Well I decided to go with it, thanks so much for the suggestion! I like the double meaning of terminal, since it's a rogue-like you'll be dying fairly frequently. And it just sounds cool. Thanks!

Excellent! :D

I've decided to revise what interiors look like. ...

That does look much better, to my eye! It seems a little more... textured, less "flat", and with more sense of being a structure, I suppose.

praxisto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2018, 05:49:20 PM »

I really like the aesthetic and the name is great. Are you building from the ground up with C# or using something like MonoGame?

Mochnant
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2018, 08:18:43 AM »

I've decided to revise what interiors look like. You can see two posts ago what my old style looked like. I just didn't feel like it looked cool enough. I've been  building a bar and trying harder to give it the neon cyberpunk vibe that the exteriors have. This is what I've come up with so far, let me know what you think!

I like the improvement, looks a lot more interesting.  I think the black open interiors of the room still need something in them, but overall I love it!
no1hitjam
Level 0

collision detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2018, 01:13:50 PM »

I really like the aesthetic and the name is great. Are you building from the ground up with C# or using something like MonoGame?

Thank you! I'm using RLNET which handles pseudo-console rendering and input, and RogueSharp which is a library with lots of handy roguelike structures and algorithms. I've been basically building the environment, lighting, gameplay, and tileset on top of those things.

I like the improvement, looks a lot more interesting.  I think the black open interiors of the room still need something in them, but overall I love it!

Thanks for the constructive criticism, I found myself agreeing with you and have been experimenting with lighting up the black a bit inside and outside.

I wrote a blog post here with my updates to lighting, interiors, and gameplay elements.

Here's a pic of the new bar interior:

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2018, 04:56:35 AM »

Oh I like that - I think that's definitely an improvement. Makes the black areas feel more natural vs. before when they just felt empty

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2018, 09:36:36 AM »

Agreed--I think that this adds to that "sense of structure" a fair bit and helps to differentiate "open floor" from "negative space". ^_^

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic