Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1322753 Posts in 59574 Topics- by 50707 Members - Latest Member: RobertElliott

November 21, 2017, 06:06:01 am

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMable & The Wood - Please give me some advice on the villages!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]
Print
Author Topic: Mable & The Wood - Please give me some advice on the villages!  (Read 37768 times)
and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #540 on: December 31, 2016, 02:12:26 pm »

Oh yeah I hadn't thought of outdoor loos!

Mable & The Wood was funded on Kickstarter and is coming to Steam in 2017!
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 31, 2016, 03:13:03 pm »

you could add (monochrome)houses in the background to add some depth to the landscape and give the illusion of a bigger village,
and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: January 01, 2017, 01:47:35 am »

Yeah that's a great idea! Would mean I could have some different shaped buildings too (I'm a bit limited with the foreground houses as they need to be landed on)

darrenagar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 01, 2017, 09:43:45 am »

I share your pain with background. It seems that our personal weaknesses are brought to the forefront as games need proficiency in so many areas Cry but forge on, with thoughtfulness as you are, and it will turn into a great strength!

Thanks for the heads up about Insomnia. I've never been to such an event and It scares the bejeezus out of me, but I've applied Beg, I live quite local to Sheffield also.

looking great btw Smiley     

dxman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 03, 2017, 07:30:33 am »

Looking good. Depending on your preference, one alternative to the fences to help distinguish the background from the traversable objects in the foreground would be a very thin layer of low-lying fog/mist.
and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: January 04, 2017, 02:15:23 am »

Looking good. Depending on your preference, one alternative to the fences to help distinguish the background from the traversable objects in the foreground would be a very thin layer of low-lying fog/mist.

Yeah that could work, maybe in some of the areas. I was thinking of fences more as detail, rather than showing the difference between foreground and background.

I'll post another update when I've got a finished village!

Thanks for the heads up about Insomnia. I've never been to such an event and It scares the bejeezus out of me, but I've applied Beg, I live quite local to Sheffield also.

looking great btw Smiley     

Good luck getting in! It's such a great festival :D

longshorts
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 04, 2017, 05:04:47 am »

Hey and been a while since I had a look at your project. You have made massive progress well done! As for village dodads go for some good old pots if you want a small zelda reference. Lame I know but I haven't slept much lately :p
and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: January 04, 2017, 08:11:25 am »

hehe thanks!

I'd also thought of pots too, but that's also probably because I never sleep anymore...

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic