Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1309274 Posts in 58589 Topics- by 49730 Members - Latest Member: Neonchimp

August 19, 2017, 06:47:09 am

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPursuit of Power 2 - RTS [Kickstarter launched 1/31/2017]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Pursuit of Power 2 - RTS [Kickstarter launched 1/31/2017]  (Read 2021 times)
MikeVitt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 07:57:39 pm »

Thanks! I'm mostly trying to get visibility for my game while I finish Steam integration in my spare time. I did get my Steam store up and running which feels like some progress. But, I'm having some difficulty finding RTS sites where I can connect with people that like the genre.

I found a good article that gives a brief history of RTS games and talks about the need to evolve. A quick tangent... I love that it mentioned Herzog Zwei (on Sega Genesis) as the first RTS. That was one of my all-time favorite games and inspired me to focus on a single leader troop back with my first RTS in 2003 and this current game.

But back to the evolve message... that's basically my mission for this game. I'm trying to find a balance between traditional RTS and MOBA, while adding a few new elements. I think I'm on the right track, but I might need to finish the rifts since a lot of the more interesting gameplay derives from them. Just explaining them might not be enough.

So I'm going to keep trying to get more eyes on my game. I will try to give more detailed explanations of the rifts and related mechanics. Plus I will do my best to get those features implemented as soon as possible so I can show them in action. I have a year before release, so I have some time to get it right Wink

MikeVitt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 11:09:18 am »

I've been working with Meagan (lead artist) on the next iteration of visual improvements. The above screenshot shows an updated user interface and two new combat effects. The arrow is being used by a Goblin archer, with a slight trail effect that looks better in motion. The "ghostly" green flame is designed for the Lich, but right now we are using it as a better placeholder for all other troops. We are planning to add a unique combat effect for every player unit. When we accomplish that goal, I will create a new video of combat so you can see the improvements.

I'm also working with Steven Harriton to compose the music tracks. We are going with an orchestral theme that transitions to some industrial during intense moments, like the rift encounters. The beginning and rift encounter tracks are designed to be looped. The main gameplay tracks are meant to be played randomly to help keep it from being repetitive.

Armed and Dangerous (start of game, looped)
Stealthy Missile (main gameplay)
New Recruit (main gameplay)
Tower of Flames (main gameplay)
Decimation (main gameplay)

I'm also continuing to refine the gameplay for the rifts. I will go into detail when I have settled more of it. You can see some of the ideas in my Kickstarter updates.

If you have any feedback for my game, I would love to hear it Smiley
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 11:16:47 am by MikeVitt » Logged

TGHoly
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 11:16:21 am »

oh!look great I love it.  Shocked

MikeVitt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 11:20:05 am »

Thanks!

I like your game as well. Gave ya a vote. Good luck Wink

TGHoly
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 11:32:52 am »

oh thank you very much I also fan of RTS game and happy to see some one make it specialize when i'm so eager to see new fantasy RTS .

s_harriton
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 12:08:39 pm »

Here's a new track for the score Smiley

https://soundcloud.com/stevenharriton/galactic-adventure-v1-pursuit-of-power-2

This has been a blast to work on. Thanks for the opportunity Mike!

s_harriton
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2017, 10:36:53 am »

https://soundcloud.com/stevenharriton/life-or-death-v1

Here's a new one =D

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic