Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:49:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsForgotten Passages - 100 tiny visual levels in 100 days
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Forgotten Passages - 100 tiny visual levels in 100 days  (Read 29755 times)
lithander
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 12:52:31 AM »

Brilliant - would also like to know more about your process and the tools used.

I second that!

26PM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 06:07:52 PM »

+++ DAY 25 +++ LEVEL 25 +++

“If you look for beauty, you will find it.”
26PM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 06:06:57 PM »

Brilliant - would also like to know more about your process and the tools used.

I second that!

I am using Unity 5 as the game engine, NDO for normal maps, and the normal slew of basic modeling tools. My process is this, I give myself a very strict time limit to create these levels ( usually 1.5 hours) which forces me to create as quickly as possible. I try to highly utilize modular assets so I can use one model to fill a large part of a level. Happy Friday! Here is todays level.

+++ LEVEL 26 +++

deab
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2015, 02:44:04 PM »

Thanks for the info, the  results look fantastic.
CaLooch
Level 0

lost in thought...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 03:00:05 PM »

Im usually not that into exploration type games, but this whole concept is so cool.  The diversity of the levels  has me really excited to walk around each and every one of them.  Any idea when you'll have a demo/full version to play?

26PM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 06:08:32 PM »

Im usually not that into exploration type games, but this whole concept is so cool.  The diversity of the levels  has me really excited to walk around each and every one of them.  Any idea when you'll have a demo/full version to play?

All the levels should be done 73 days from now. ( after that I want to do a sound pass also ) I might offer an early access type sale earlier than that so people that want to can follow along. No solid date set for that yet, as this is taking up most of my free time as it is : D I will definitly post here when it is available on itch.io Thanks for the interest! 

Here is Day 27 (today)

+++ LEVEL 27 +++

Vakey Rujevic
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 06:49:16 PM »

The idea of creating a level a day is brilliant! Will be keeping my eye on this one.

Currently developing Life Of Sundura. Website | Devblog | Twitter | Tumblr
26PM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2015, 04:12:09 PM »

+++ Level 28 +++

26PM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 06:22:05 PM »

+++ LEVEL 29 +++

Ticebilla
Level 0

Do Stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 10:21:28 PM »

My god. This looks absolutely incredible. I'm seriously in awe at the moment.

ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2015, 02:28:56 PM »

It seems cool but I'm not sure giving up every time the same kind of gifs at every update without much information is the best way to describe the game. Smiley

Check out my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete
26PM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2015, 03:23:02 PM »

My god. This looks absolutely incredible. I'm seriously in awe at the moment.

Thanks a lot : D glad you like what you see!

26PM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 03:31:10 PM »

It seems cool but I'm not sure giving up every time the same kind of gifs at every update without much information is the best way to describe the game. Smiley

This game is very minimal. It is composed of tiny tiny visual levels. Each room has an exit portal that will take you to the next level. You can usually walk to the exit within 10 seconds or so. Each room is a visual experiment that you can soak in for as long or as little amount of time that you want.  Who, Me?

26PM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2015, 06:10:43 PM »

Day 30 done! Updated the project done-ness to 30%

+++ LEVEL 30 +++

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2015, 02:05:43 PM »

Will the final product incorporate music? A bunch of super-short custom tracks for each level would be great.

I love this thread. The world needs more games that are just about exploration. I'll buy this when it's done.
thirtyfour
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2015, 03:22:10 PM »

I love everything about the project and the execution. The idea of tiny levels meant as visual experiments the user can stay in for as long as he/she wishes is something I find really inspiring.

Bravo! Keep it up!
26PM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2015, 05:49:48 PM »

I love everything about the project and the execution. The idea of tiny levels meant as visual experiments the user can stay in for as long as he/she wishes is something I find really inspiring.

Bravo! Keep it up!

Thanks thirtyfour!

Here is today's level. Awesome laser visual inspiration and tutorial via Anton Kudin http://antonkudin.tumblr.com/post/117849928629/hey-there-the-game-looks-gorgeous-not-just-the

+++ LEVEL 31 +++

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2015, 09:58:18 PM »

I am seriously floored by the quality of the areas you're creating. Especially since you're managing to bang out one a day. Seriously man, well done. I'ma keep watching the progress now.

26PM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 06:22:20 PM »

Will the final product incorporate music? A bunch of super-short custom tracks for each level would be great.

I love this thread. The world needs more games that are just about exploration. I'll buy this when it's done.

I agree! Lots of potential for amazing sound. That is going to depend on if I can find a music composer to work with. I am looking for someone that creates very minimal space ambient music.

26PM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2015, 06:24:10 PM »

I am seriously floored by the quality of the areas you're creating. Especially since you're managing to bang out one a day. Seriously man, well done. I'ma keep watching the progress now.

Thanks blekdar!

+++ LEVEL 32 +++

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic