Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:48:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDreammmmmmmm Hoppin'
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dreammmmmmmm Hoppin'  (Read 2752 times)
Tom Sennett
Level 3

Indie Game Legend

View Profile WWW
« on: February 17, 2009, 07:24:21 AM »

I tested, cleaned up, and released my very first Flash game over the weekend. It's called Dream Hoppin', and I turned the whole thing out in like a week while flailing my way through ActionScript.

It is not an overly ambitious game, but I'm happy with how it turned out. I've gotten some good suggestions for features, etc., but I've decided to declare the game complete. I like the simplicity and I'm ready to move on to a new game.

So you can play Dream Hoppin' right here. The idea is to jump over things. You use spacebar to charge a jump and release it to actually jump. The top four scores are currently ridiculous but legitimate - they belong to one of my roommates.

Wishfallen
Level 0

Flat-based!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:45:14 AM »

Nice, simple fun. I like it Smiley

Signature nullified!
nunix
Level 1

This space intentionally left blank.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:59:29 AM »

I approve of the music choice!

TheBlackMask
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 12:43:11 PM »

It reminds me of that one old Runman game you made years ago.  My one suggestion, though, is to maybe make the "play again" button simply restart the room, rather than going back to the title screen.  I died a lot, and found it to be a bit annoying.
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 01:05:27 PM »

I like it. It's fun and pretty stylish in a simple way. The jump feels good. It's fun trying to charge jumps just the right amount, and getting that to line up with the right place on the ground is tricky and entertaining. There are some tense moments.

I've never been killed by giant vegetables so many times in my life. Grin

I'd suggest cleaning it up a bit and making it really shine- it's so close! The main character's animation could use a little love, especially when preparing for or landing after a jump. The squashing animation is effective, but would be so much more fun to look at if it wasn't just scaling the character along the y axis. I think a little squish as the character lands would go a long way. Also sometimes when landing from a jump, the character slides along the ground for spell before beginning the walk cycle. I also (and this is really tiny) might suggest making the ground slightly irregular- just a tiny bit- I think it would help make it fit the otherwise really consistent style you've got going here.

I love the explosion animation, by the way. Great work, I look forward to seeing more from you!
UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 10:54:29 PM »

I got 20 points!  I am so proud of myself

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic