Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:42:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVoyage - 2D Co-op Adventure
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Voyage - 2D Co-op Adventure  (Read 55565 times)
purplemonkey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2016, 05:37:30 PM »

Here are two work-in-progress screenshots of a layout we've been working on lately,

Click image for better quality

Click image for better quality

Jaw Droppingly Beautiful. And that GIF above with the glow on the ruins, soooo good. I love it all.
Thank you!

I think I felt a raindrop!
Kreygasm

Since our game is a rather slow-paced experience with no real sense of danger, at least not in the way most platformers are, we can let our players roam about the environment as they see fit.

That makes a lot of sense! The new gifs are absolutely stunning too, can't wait to see more!
Thank you, we hope to show you more about the game soon!

This gets more captivating and atmospheric every time i catch up with the progress. Loving the glows on the wall. Really exiting thread.
Thanks!  Beer!
When I first started trying to make a game, I thought about making a non-tile based game as well. Then I thought "that's insane!". Man this looks so beautiful and organic Shocked.
Haha, I hear ya, I'm not sure we made the smartest of choices but I guess we just need to stay true to our original idea and see what comes out of it Shocked

wow! this is look very beautiful, I am really looking to play it! Coffee
Coffee

Ughhh it's just so pretty. Really like the effects, etc you are adding. Can't wait to see what the final product is going to look like. Any OST samples yet?¨
Thanks! We have just started working with a musician and are very eager for what is to come!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 05:46:32 PM by purplemonkey » Logged

Tanner Fruit Fly
Level 0

Tanner sticks the pen up his nose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2016, 07:09:37 PM »

This looks absolutely stunning, this looks incredible! Great job to the both of you, this is looking like it's going to be a stellar co-op game. I'll be keeping tabs on it for sure!

[Check out the "This Is Jim" book on Gumroad! Head over to my devlog for a discounted promo code Wink]
JonasDelima
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2016, 07:21:33 PM »

This is amazing guy! Really beautiful art!
Bakuda
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »

This game looks absolutely beautiful!  Keep it up Grin

elisof
Level 0

you can call me eli though hi hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2016, 06:09:01 AM »

Mainly replying so I can keep following this dev blog, haha. Everyone else has probably said it already but your art style is beautiful, almost filmic, to me, anyway. Saw your #ScreenshotSaturday post on Twitter yesterday and those cool colour palettes are looking great. Awesome job from the two of you. Also good stuff on finding a musician for the game, I'm excited to hear what sort of sounds will be created to go along with all this; I definitely second any music samples too, when they're ready of course!

I compose and design sound~
SoundCloud // Bandcamp // Twitter // Avatar by the rad Sarah Graley~
TitoOliveira
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2016, 08:53:25 PM »

Are you thinking about level design, or are these images more of a concept than the actual level? I'm asking because from what has been posted the game seems to go from left to right all the time.
Is that the case? Would be nice to read your thoughts about your levels

purplemonkey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2016, 05:20:08 AM »

This looks absolutely stunning, this looks incredible! Great job to the both of you, this is looking like it's going to be a stellar co-op game. I'll be keeping tabs on it for sure!

This is amazing guy! Really beautiful art!

This game looks absolutely beautiful!  Keep it up Grin
Thank you! Coffee

Mainly replying so I can keep following this dev blog, haha. Everyone else has probably said it already but your art style is beautiful, almost filmic, to me, anyway. Saw your #ScreenshotSaturday post on Twitter yesterday and those cool colour palettes are looking great. Awesome job from the two of you. Also good stuff on finding a musician for the game, I'm excited to hear what sort of sounds will be created to go along with all this; I definitely second any music samples too, when they're ready of course!

Filmic.. I like the sound of that! We will definitely post some music samples here when we're ready Smiley

Are you thinking about level design, or are these images more of a concept than the actual level? I'm asking because from what has been posted the game seems to go from left to right all the time.
Is that the case? Would be nice to read your thoughts about your levels

Ah, I tend to not show a whole lot of the specifics because I want some things to still feel new and exciting once we show a trailer. You will be traversing in most directions throughout the game.. left-to-right, right-to-left, upwards and downwards, you name it! One thing to keep in mind though is that Yonder will still be a linear experience, I think I've mentioned this before but Yonder is not a "metroidvania" type of experience.

Most of the moment-to-moment gameplay will be progression in the shape of traversal and solving puzzles that lead either to story related events or more traversal. We have definitely thought a lot of about level design and how to keep the player interested throughout their journey by not only relying on narrative but also on the ever-changing unique environments and the way these environments are traversed upon and interacted with.

Our process in creating layouts start out with traditional pen & paper. But before we begin we already have concept designs and game design documents with intricate details regarding the overall story and journey of the game to use as a basis.

After this we sketch out a layout fitting the already established basis and integrate traversal, interactions, puzzles and planned story events for the layout to feel balanced.

Parallell to this we continuously re-evaluate game mechanics, puzzles and layouts and revise if need be.

I hope this covers some of the process in regards to layout creations!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:49:14 AM by purplemonkey » Logged

purplemonkey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2016, 01:12:46 PM »

Here are some work-in-progress mechanics we are tinkering with at the moment.

BeardTopher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2016, 10:25:15 PM »

Gorgeous as usual Beer!

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2016, 07:42:32 AM »

Havent posted in here in awhile. One of the most gorgeous games on these devlogs... Absolutely stunning...

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2016, 08:33:32 AM »

Looks pretty good! Following Cool

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2016, 12:04:39 PM »

I've never seen this until now, stunned by the world visuals, and really charming looking character & their movements. Your use lighting & colours to create the warmth in the world is unreal. Really love it. Looking forward to more please ! Beer!

flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2016, 11:11:15 AM »

I love those goopy obstacles!

HelloComics
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2016, 01:55:20 PM »

Absolutely stunning visuals and animation. This is going to be good! Addicted

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2016, 02:01:23 AM »

This is actually the only game I purposely have put on my bookmarks bar - I can't stop coming back to it, so gorgeous, and I agree with Hello, cannot wait for more!  Addicted

Oscar Blomqvist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2016, 02:20:58 AM »

This looks wonderfully unique.

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2016, 02:23:38 AM »

Blink_Blink
purplemonkey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2016, 11:09:17 AM »

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since we last updated this thread. We went on a short hiatus due to Johan helping out on a different project for a while. However, we are back in full production mode and things are really coming into place.. except for one thing. Yesterday (30/11) a game called "Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles" was announced and since it's a rather long title, the press seems to be abbreviating the name to simply "Yonder". Honestly, we're feeling very disheartened about the whole thing and we haven't entirely grasped what this situation entails either.

How would you approach this dilemma?

Screen Head Media
Level 0

Digital games in all shapes and sizes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2016, 11:22:56 AM »

Good to see this project goes on Smiley

The naming issue is really unfortunate, but it's just that, a name. I can imagine that it means alot to you but after all it's about the game and your game is awesome as far as I can tell Smiley
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2016, 11:32:29 AM »

I'd approach the other dev team and talk about it, maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic