Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411998 Posts in 69459 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

July 02, 2024, 10:26:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLOCOM 2 - Physics-Based Puzzle Platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: LOCOM 2 - Physics-Based Puzzle Platformer  (Read 897 times)
Respire Games
Level 0

[ Breath game in every pixel ]

View Profile WWW
« on: April 30, 2015, 08:44:05 AM »

Genre: Action/Puzzle
Controls: Mouse

Hi everyone!

Want to show you a sequel of my Flash game. It's about guy with water jetpack. At the moment there 25 levels(red ones is hardcore).

And I will be happy to see your feedbacks

Update 0.91 (05/01/2015)
- Sound fixes
- Level balance
- A lot of minor fixes

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:10:03 PM by Respire Games » Logged

Twitter - @RespireGames
flyingmangoes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 10:02:41 AM »

I didn't play it very long, but the concept, graphics, and everything about it is just awesome!  Please don't stop work on this!
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 01:20:11 PM »

It was really choppy for me. Even just trying to select a level was made pretty difficult because it kept freezing up as the numbers scrolled.

I wasn't a fan of the scrolling numbers either. If I wanted to click on a specific number, I couldn't go fast because what I was aiming for would move away from the spot I was moving the cursor toward.

In-game, the stuttering was a bit better but still pretty disruptive. Might just be something about my computer or browser. I don't know.

Multiple times, the game paused by itself even though my cursor was in the game area. It took me a while to realize that it was because I'd moved the cursor up too high. That was really irritating. A menu that requires a click would be much better, in my opinion. It kept pausing pretty much every time I tried to aim up at something.

I feel like a light tap of my mouse button shouldn't give me such a crazy boost. Maybe that could just be made a special case (ie. the first few drops of water don't give as much of a boost as the rest, or something). Sometimes it's a little tricky to, for example, jump into a hole.

I also felt like the switch that needs to be constantly held down should maybe have a slight delay before it starts un-pressing itself. Spraying those switches can take much longer than it should because sometimes it just won't stay down. Adding that slight delay would just make it feel a bit better, I think.

Sometimes my gun would get stuck spraying after I died. It might've just been related to my frame-rate issues, but I thought I'd mention it just in case it wasn't.

The way you introduce and explain the mechanics in the levels is really good.

I found myself wishing that the water aimed at my cursor a little more accurately, by compensating for gravity a bit.

It didn't feel right that spraying while flying sideways cancelled my horizontal momentum entirely.

I couldn't complete level 7 because it stuttered every time I tried to move up to that lava supply. While I was enjoying the game for the most part, the stutter made it so much more frustrating that I didn't feel like skipping that level and trying the others. What I did see was really good, though. The mechanics work well. The sounds are good. The art is nice. The music is subtle and seems to fit the game well. Overall, it's really good, and I don't generally like games where you propel yourself by shooting.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Respire Games
Level 0

[ Breath game in every pixel ]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 09:12:31 PM »

Game updated!

I didn't play it very long, but the concept, graphics, and everything about it is just awesome!  Please don't stop work on this!

Thank you!

It was really choppy for me. Even just trying to select a level was made pretty difficult because it kept freezing up as the numbers scrolled.

I wasn't a fan of the scrolling numbers either. If I wanted to click on a specific number, I couldn't go fast because what I was aiming for would move away from the spot I was moving the cursor toward.

In-game, the stuttering was a bit better but still pretty disruptive. Might just be something about my computer or browser. I don't know.

Multiple times, the game paused by itself even though my cursor was in the game area. It took me a while to realize that it was because I'd moved the cursor up too high. That was really irritating. A menu that requires a click would be much better, in my opinion. It kept pausing pretty much every time I tried to aim up at something.

I feel like a light tap of my mouse button shouldn't give me such a crazy boost. Maybe that could just be made a special case (ie. the first few drops of water don't give as much of a boost as the rest, or something). Sometimes it's a little tricky to, for example, jump into a hole.

I also felt like the switch that needs to be constantly held down should maybe have a slight delay before it starts un-pressing itself. Spraying those switches can take much longer than it should because sometimes it just won't stay down. Adding that slight delay would just make it feel a bit better, I think.

Sometimes my gun would get stuck spraying after I died. It might've just been related to my frame-rate issues, but I thought I'd mention it just in case it wasn't.

The way you introduce and explain the mechanics in the levels is really good.

I found myself wishing that the water aimed at my cursor a little more accurately, by compensating for gravity a bit.

It didn't feel right that spraying while flying sideways cancelled my horizontal momentum entirely.

I couldn't complete level 7 because it stuttered every time I tried to move up to that lava supply. While I was enjoying the game for the most part, the stutter made it so much more frustrating that I didn't feel like skipping that level and trying the others. What I did see was really good, though. The mechanics work well. The sounds are good. The art is nice. The music is subtle and seems to fit the game well. Overall, it's really good, and I don't generally like games where you propel yourself by shooting.

Thanks! Very nice feedback!

Twitter - @RespireGames
keenPenguin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 12:47:41 AM »

I didn't play for long, just a few levels. But I really liked it. There is something elegant about the mechanic because you use the exact same means to both propel yourself and interact with switches. Thought the animations were cute, especially the death animation which is very sweet and also puts you immediately into the action. Also like the pipes.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic