Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411998 Posts in 69459 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

July 02, 2024, 10:39:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[Android][Game][Free] Dot In A Box
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Android][Game][Free] Dot In A Box  (Read 652 times)
Artyom105
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2015, 07:54:04 PM »

Hi everyone, I have just published the first game I have ever made on Google Play and right now I'm really dying for some testings and reviews to know how good or how bad it is. I hope someone can give it a try and give me some opinions about it. Smiley

My game's name is "Dot In A Box". As the title say, the game includes a dot and a hollow box with 4 sides of 4 different colors. The game's rule is very simple: tap the screen to rotate the box so that the dot can touch the side with the same color, every successful touch adds 1 point and the dot will randomly change its color. The game will be harder as the score increases: the dot will speed up gradually.

I think this game is a good way to test your reflexes and also improve them as your brain will have to respond very fast in order to keep the dot running.

I'm still a beginner in game development so the design and the graphic are still very simple and your support ideas are the best bet I can wish for, thanks in advance. Tongue

Here's the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lp.dotinbox.android

(Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes, I'm not very good at English)
IonForceStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 06:05:51 AM »

Hi,
I downloaded your game.
I noticed few bugs. I'll write about it today evening. Be patient, pls Smiley

Artyom105
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 06:34:17 AM »

Thank you very much, I'm really eager for your report  Smiley
Phailak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 08:25:45 AM »

Gave it a quick go, did I understand right that you can only turn one direction? Could be cool to be able to turn the phone to rotate the square or left side touch rotates couter-clock wise, ride side from middle clock wise?

Artyom105
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 12:47:40 PM »

Yeah you understand it right and you have a point, I should definitely consider the option you suggest in future update.  Grin
But somehow I think the one-direction-only rotation adds to the difficulty of the game.
One more thing, do you guys think the dot moves too fast when the score gets to about 50-60?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:23:03 PM by Artyom105 » Logged
IonForceStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 02:47:29 AM »

Sorry for delay.

1. I noticed that when I tap few times the square starts rotating continuously. I lose and it is still rotating. I have to restart game and then can play.

2. I have also idea (like Phailak) to give the ability to rotate the square in both directions. Technically you can solve it, eg. by splitting the screen into two parts, tapping on the right part rotates the square clockwise, and tapping the left part rotates the square counter-clockwise.

3. Seems to me that the highscore button is unnecessary, in the main menu, you can simply write the highest score.

Artyom105
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 04:23:57 AM »

Thanks for your feedback.
I didn't happen to see the bug when I test the game but now you mention it, I try and I realize that the bug occurs when we tap very fast. Anyway that definitely needs fixing.
About your and Phailak's idea, I'll work on it for the next update.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 05:05:01 AM by Artyom105 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic