Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:44:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMy first video game!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My first video game!  (Read 2424 times)
janevblagoj
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2007, 08:45:44 AM »

Hello!
Quite a while I’m working on my product “Poppy and Rose” which you can download it here: http://www.download.com/Poppy-And-Rose/3000-2111_4-10638405.html?tag=lst-0-3
The game is made in the program language Delphi 6 and I hope that it will take your attention.
Please, after you try the game and study it a little bit, if you can answer the following questions:
-   How can I find a video game tester, the best case is that to be some volunteer who will test the game and it will give me critics about the game.
-   How is your opinion for the essential value of the game?
-   What do you think about the UI of the game (it is made in Delphi 6), can I make it better and can I get some suggestions of how can I do that?
-   In which category will you put this game (maybe puzzle!)?
-   Is there any company that in cooperation with me can commercialize the game?
-   I think that playing on this video game in network can be a real challenge! Do you think same?

Thank you,
Janev Blagoj
 Cool
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 08:50:43 AM »

Do not advertise your own games in this forum.

Steve Swink
Swank
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 09:10:14 AM »

I've gotten like four spam emails that say exactly that above text...I guess there is actually a real person behind it. How weird. I feel like I've just met Mumbabi Whatsit from the Nation of Niger who needs me to transfer money or something.

Janev, do you really exist? Speak! Smiley

Steve Swink
Game Designer, Enemy Airship
Content Director, IGF
sswink (at) enemyairship(dot) com
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 09:52:59 AM »

I directed Janev here from Eurogamer. At the moment, his game is free, and he was asking for feedback so I said he should post it around on gamedev.net and maybe here. It needs one thread in the feedback forum, rather than two in general and indie.

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 09:12:24 AM »

Hey there!
Ok I tried the game...

This game feels like a mix between a brain teaser and the "price is right" show Smiley It's relatively simple and very random.

The game is difficult to start with since there are no explanation on how to start a game. You gotta make this more user friendly. Take the playe rmore by the hand and really guide him through the application.

I strongly suggest that you get rid of the explosion sound when you win. It startled me! Wink I was thinking about a number, guessed something, clicked and BAM! You need something softer Smiley

Now to answer your questions:
To find testers, just get involved in the community and then ask for help. People will answer your call...

The value of the game, in my opinion, is very low. Not because the game is bad but rathe rbecaus eit feels like a causal game that i would like to play online when i got some time to waste. I wouldn't buy a game like that simply because I could find something similar for free in flash...

The UI is very crowded. Try to make it simpler to ease the navigation. Getting into details would take a while and if you truly need some help with it, I can try to think of something... If you post enough around here.

Categroy? Brain teaser/puzzle/guessing game

As I mentionned, unless you can find a way to make this game more original then what we can find on the net, there may be some business possible with the game but as is, I don't think anyone would be interested because of it's low selling value... Sorry Sad

It could be interesting but only if the two players are trying to guess the other's number, not one picking  anumber and the other guessing. This game would be much better with the input of a human since it's always more fun to penetrate another's mind rather than trying to guess a number coldly picked by a computer...

Well, hope to see you more around these boards!
Later!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic