Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412011 Posts in 69462 Topics- by 58494 Members - Latest Member: aeterponis

July 05, 2024, 05:40:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingUltimate Chicken Horse!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Chicken Horse!  (Read 732 times)
richardatlas
Level 0

Clever Endeavour Games

View Profile WWW
« on: May 06, 2015, 06:54:26 AM »

Hey everyone,

I'd love to hear some feedback about our game, Ultimate Chicken Horse! The game is a party platformer where you build the level as you play. Take turns placing blocks, hazards, traps and contraptions in the level before running through. If you can make it, but your friend can't, you get a point! There's also an adventure mode but that's not available in this build.

Windows Build
Mac Build
Linux Build

The game also has a Kickstarter that's almost running out of time, so if you did like it, please take a look Smiley

Thanks,
Rich & the Clever Endeavour Team

@ClevEndeavGames
Ronsho
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 05:08:34 PM »

Hi!  I played it by myself since there's no one here with me at the moment, but I may try it with a second player later.  One thing I noticed was that the window about the "shared controller couch" didn't show up until I had already found the couch and chosen the second player.  It would be better if something told me about the couch right after choosing the first player, since the couch is a bit off screen.  Then I put the second player on the couch, and it wouldn't let me start or choose a level.  So I put a third player on the couch... then I realized that if you're playing with two players, the second player doesn't go on the couch, but instead chooses the level.  I figured it out, but it was a little confusing.  Otherwise I love using the characters to make the selections!

I'm really enjoying this game and will check out the Kickstarter.  I'm wondering, though:  it only seems to be rewarding a character when one of the players dies during a race.  There doesn't seem to be any racing or timing element, or if there is, it doesn't result in a check.  Considering how many of the items just slow you down instead of killing you, it seems like the racing against each other's time aspect should be there as well.

Although I like the racing visuals, I'm not totally sold on the style of the obstacle creation, the washed-out sketchiness.  The inventory objects could each stand out a bit more.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic