Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 02:07:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)The bashful, dopey, sleepy, sneezy, and doc programmer room
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The bashful, dopey, sleepy, sneezy, and doc programmer room  (Read 1278 times)
Glaiel-Gamer
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:55:51 PM »

Ever program something that makes you feel bashful/dopey/sleepy or sneezy? Post about it here.
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 10:05:12 PM »

What about sleazy.
David Pittman
Level 2

MAEK GAEM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 10:36:55 PM »

Back in school, I was sleeping poorly and taking Benadryl for allergies (almost was a sneezy programmer, but this story is about being a sleepy programmer). We had these three-hour-long lecture/practical classes where we'd be given something to implement and the instructor would provide a brief look at his example code on the project to guide us before we began our own implementations. On this particular day, we were implementing game timers (using QueryPerformanceFrequency/Counter on Windows) and I was extremely medicated and tired. I was trying to copy down the instructor's notes before he hid them and struggling to even keep my eyes open at the same time. After a few minutes of this battle, I looked up at what I had written. I wish I could remember it exactly, because it was hilarious, but what I do recall is that was definitely not code. I had apparently just started typing a kind of drug-addled stream of consciousness interpretation of the task at hand and had ended up mixing nonsensical English sentences with fragments of C++ syntax. The realization of it jolted me awake, but it still took me a while to find the meaningful elements in the mess and figure out what I had meant to write. Good times.

Kekskiller
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 06:07:43 AM »

GUI and/or event codes. I hate them. I'm falling asleep while coding it. Even reading related documentations/tutorials makes we fucking tired. Boring as hell!

Also, reading/discussing about programming theory makes me sleepy and mindfucked.
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 01:26:12 PM »

Ever program something that makes you feel bashful/dopey/sleepy or sneezy?

Or maybe you programmed something that makes you feel Snow White. That would be fun too. Tongue

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic