Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412011 Posts in 69462 Topics- by 58494 Members - Latest Member: aeterponis

July 05, 2024, 05:43:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFreak Out - A psychedelic runner game about happiness
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Freak Out - A psychedelic runner game about happiness  (Read 750 times)
stigmawall
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 09, 2015, 09:04:19 AM »

Hi everyone,

We're put our game Freak Out in Beta on Game Jolt for testing.

You are on control of a mad men running on green hills with happy bears and following giraffes, giving strong hugs in some strange flying pills but what this mad men don't know is he's actually running in circles in a asylum. You have to escape from this endless happy runner world to try your escape and maybe run free in your real world.

The game is for Windows, Mac and Linux. We're getting some feedback right now and we want you to play it and give your too. Grin

Any tips, questions or advices are very welcome. Smiley

Cheezmeister
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 01:50:06 AM »

Wow, this is...what in the world did I just play?

Mechanics are strange, the game does not explain them very well. I've no idea what the difference is between dark/scary and bright/happy. It's very hard to tell what to collect and what to avoid.

Too many menus/cutscenes between runs. I'd prefer to zap straight through them.

Two distinct art styles conflicting with one another. If you want to go 8-bit, then go all the way. But don't mix styles.

Your English is better than my Portuguese, but players will notice minor flaws. I only saw a few in-game, but you want to ship with zero. Pull in a native speaker if you need to.

The unavoidable car that mows you down out of nowhere is just cruel!

Call me a snob, but psychedelic and psychotic are not the same thing. Antichamber and Soundself are psychedelic. This guy is just psychotic.

Last but not least...what in the world did I just play? Smiley

෴Me෴ @chzmstr | www.luchenlabs.com ቒMadeቓ RA | Nextris | Chromathud   ᙍMakingᙌCheezus II (Devlog)
stigmawall
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 05:20:24 AM »

Hey Cheezmeister,

Thanks for your answer. Can I assume you enjoy it because this "wow" factor? hehehe!

About the mechanics you're right, we're reviewing it, the items you can get will shine in the screen and the others not.

About the unavoidable car, it's a mistake of mine to finish the Beta like that because it's have to enter in one more level after that scene.

All the other points you said (including the absence of psychedelic) we're working on right now. If you want you can check ourTo Do List to see what in the world you just played. Grin

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic