Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:41:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBefore The Devil Knows You're Dead
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Before The Devil Knows You're Dead  (Read 10478 times)
and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2016, 12:55:25 AM »

Wow! The mansion is really starting to look amazing!

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2016, 01:26:03 AM »

This has come on in leaps and bounds since I saw it last, beautiful and reminds me ever so much of the resi mansion which is certainly a plus!

Interactionman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2016, 02:11:30 PM »

Wow! The mansion is really starting to look amazing!

Thanks! :D

This has come on in leaps and bounds since I saw it last, beautiful and reminds me ever so much of the resi mansion which is certainly a plus!
Thanks jctwood, although I don't know what 'resi mansion' is?

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2016, 03:50:52 PM »

Ah sorry the Resident Evil I mansion.

Interactionman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2016, 04:44:43 AM »

Ah sorry the Resident Evil I mansion.

Ahh, thanks. I haven't played any of the Resident Evil games before so I didn't realise they had such a prominent mansion location in the series but having googled it, thanks for the comparison  Gentleman

TheWanderingBen
Level 1

Making Games Around the Globe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2016, 06:30:51 AM »

Great style and unique premise. Following!

Interactionman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2016, 08:17:45 AM »

Great style and unique premise. Following!
Thanks TheWanderingBen! Glad you like my game so far  Gentleman

2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2016, 02:20:24 AM »

Hey,

Like I said in our own dev log, this looks really cool Smiley I would love to play it some day, I'm all about story driven games so this is right up my alley.

Cheers

Interactionman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2016, 01:58:40 PM »

Hey,

Like I said in our own dev log, this looks really cool Smiley I would love to play it some day, I'm all about story driven games so this is right up my alley.

Cheers
Hi, thanks yes it was Nikki I met at Develop Smiley
Glad you like the game so far, but soooo much more still to do!  My Word!

Interactionman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2017, 03:58:10 AM »

Well that's embarrassing! 6 months since the last update... SO sorry to anyone who was following and thought I'd given up. Quite the opposite, I've been super busy! I ended up taking on a bit too much freelance work to help pay the bills in the 2nd half of 2016 and it took up most of my time so I didn't get to work on my game as much.

Having hardly touched my game for a few months I decided to book the whole of December for myself to only work on my own stuff. At about the same time I discovered PlayMaker and thought I'd give that a try out to see if it would be useful/helpful and OMG is it ever! I stared over from scratch with a new Unity project and kept none of my old scripts, and after 1 month I've done more than half of the demo I had planned. All of the main systems are reworked (pick up/carry/drop, ghost mode, object interaction etc.) and I'd say are better now that the old versions, plus I've added a bunch of new stuff inc. interactive UI puzzles, made most of the puzzles in the demo and overall made a lot of progress.

To be honest I was feeling a bit concerned about how things were going in October/November having had so little time to work on my game and I started to worry if it was ever going to go anywhere and self doubt is always lurking around the corner to leap out and ruin my day but after a concentrated burst of activity in December I'm back on it with a vengeance!

So what am I actually doing right now? I'm currently working on a short demo, what you might call a vertical slice of the game that serves as an introduction to what the game will be like. It starts off in the mansion, as the full game will, and introduces the main elements of the game with some basic puzzles and environmental storytelling. Once that's done I hope to be able to take it to show shows/events, get some feedback from people and get on with making the rest of the game!

Here are some screenshots of part of the updated mansion level in the demo...

So again, definitely still working on the game and sorry it's been so long between posts! I'll definitely be posting more stuff now that things are moving along again. I am still doing everything by myself so my progress isn't going to be as fast as some others, but I'll get there in the end! If people are interested I'll post some more details about how I made various things and how I set stuff up in PlayMaker etc.

Thanks for looking!

Cristiano Vitorino
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2017, 05:56:54 AM »

This is looking really awesome! Glad to see another Playmaker user doing some fine work with it.
Interactionman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2017, 06:30:07 AM »

This is looking really awesome! Glad to see another Playmaker user doing some fine work with it.

Thanks! Yeah I'm really glad I tried PlayMaker, it's enabled me to do a lot in a short space of time. I've had a tricky few days trying to get some other systems working with it, specifically NPC Chat, but with a bit of help from the asset maker and a custom script it's done now and here's a little video...

It shows NPC Chat (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/9723) controlled by PlayMaker (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/368) and a custom script to trigger one off dialogue and comments/reactions to the environment and/or player actions. An interactive book (using this asset as a base https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/55588) and a short, one off sequence for the first time you enter 'ghost mode'.

It's cool when all the moving parts start working together Smiley

Cristiano Vitorino
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2017, 06:46:37 AM »

Nice. Really cool to see your approach.

I'm using it mostly exclusively for 1,5 years now. Took a while to master, but I don't feel the need to anchor on writen logic anymore, as I'm a designer first, not a traditional programmer. Also seeing the language mature and grow and see other developers grow with it is just plain cool.

And it only gets better. Once you master the full extent of the syntax and acquaint yourself with Ecosystem, it speeds things up so much. Even if you're primarily a coder, it's useful in many ways.

Looking forward to see more progress on your game. The mood and style are shaping up very nicelly.

It's cool when all the moving parts start working together Smiley

It truly is!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:01:21 AM by Cristiano Vitorino » Logged
nu_muso
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2017, 07:48:20 AM »

Very smooth and polished Smiley
Interactionman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2017, 06:09:43 AM »

Small update with  big news! Ages ago I mentioned there was something 'very exciting' coming... and then I didn't get round to posting what it actually was. Well I wasn't kidding and I didn't forget it just took a while for things to work out but now, finally I can share with you all a little trailer I made with the work I've been doing lately on my demo plus *drumroll* new music!

Here it is, I hope the link works...

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:18:14 AM by Interactionman » Logged

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2017, 02:42:49 AM »

Definitely getting a fantasy/horror vibe from that music! Sounds like a soundtrack I'd buy  Wink

The environment art is great, the materials and lighting really look great

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2017, 02:43:08 AM »

Great.

Interactionman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2017, 03:30:19 PM »

Definitely getting a fantasy/horror vibe from that music! Sounds like a soundtrack I'd buy  Wink

The environment art is great, the materials and lighting really look great

Hi and, thanks very much! I've been busy getting a lot more stuff done and here's a quick preview of the ghost book I just finished...

I've torn a few pages out and hidden them around the level, finding and reading them enhances your ghost abilities. Reading books is good for you, even if you're dead!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic