Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:17:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGreatest Hinchy Time DevThread For All Eternity Forever
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Greatest Hinchy Time DevThread For All Eternity Forever  (Read 2124 times)
Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:08:26 AM »

Hand Metal Left Apoplectic Hand Metal Right

Welcome to the Greatest Hinchy Time DevThread For All Eternity Forever - your number one fancy topic of amateur game designing by Zachary Phineas William Robertson "Hinchy" "Fat Cow" "Hinch" "Mint Taco" Hinchliffe! You'll find all greatest in here, such as great, greatest, horrible terrible, and greaterest!

Here are my current GameProjects!
Key To Adventure (KTA)
Endless Nifty (EndNif)
Universal Wind: Alli's Adventure (UW:AA)

If you've ever seen me post about any project aside from these three, it's either postponed, cancelled, or (unlikely) finished.

Without further ado, the devlog.

[02/18/09 #1]

KTA: Starting the complete revamp. Basically the story behind KTA is that it was to be a 4-episode series of short platforming flash games. Only the first episode got done, and that was in late 2007. Anyway, I'm revamping the game so it's just one game. It'll still be divided into four episodes, but they'll all be within one game, accessible only in order (or with a simplified Megaman-style grid password). I'm also doing some things like revising the graphics, adding new powerups, extending the amount of levels per episode, and adding better cutscene animation. Oh, and i'm also redoing the engine. That's kind of important.

So anyway, here's what I have to show for it right now (it's just a title screen and sample menu, nothing else): http://webspace.isamedia.org/wtfisthisshit.html (warning: auto-play + sound + public = bad)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 11:15:32 AM by Hinchy » Logged
Captain_404
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 12:03:58 PM »

Why the clunky password system when you can just save the user's data? It's seriously easy stuff to implement, and it's at least better than a password system.

Also, long time no see! ...That is, if you even remember me (back from the early days of wiicade).
Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 04:51:37 PM »

Why the clunky password system when you can just save the user's data? It's seriously easy stuff to implement, and it's at least better than a password system.

Also, long time no see! ...That is, if you even remember me (back from the early days of wiicade).
I would but it doesn't work on the Wii as far as I know. Last time I tried it it didn't work. And yes, I remember you! Fun times.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic