Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412011 Posts in 69462 Topics- by 58494 Members - Latest Member: aeterponis

July 05, 2024, 06:56:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWhooshka Ninja Feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Whooshka Ninja Feedback  (Read 604 times)
whooshka
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2015, 01:25:31 AM »

ninja:

Hello all my name is Dave, I live on the Gold Coast Aus.  I have developed a simple 2D action game called Whooska Ninja.

Currently it is on Google Play (it is free).  I am looking for any feedback available.

Cheers,
Dave.

YouTube:

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.WhooshkaStudios.WhooshkaNinja
Phailak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 12:25:38 PM »

OK gave it a try.

Having a hard time with the jumping, might be a bit hard off the bat but that might just be me not playing a lot of side scroll games. Going up the ladder would be cool if it was much faster, seems out of proportion with side speed. If I play more later will come back and post. I like the music, reminds me of nes games Smiley

slarti88
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 07:12:03 PM »

The game itself is decent fun to play... I got upto level three in the first few minutes so the difficulty was fine for me. There were couple of things I feel could be improved.

1. The jumping over the enemies is a bit weird. I sometimes hit them while I'm doing the jumo which kills them, and sometimes jumping gives me a much bigger boost. Sometimes after jumping on them I can jump in the air as well! I find that a little confusing but maybe its just me.

2. You could jazz up the visual effects a bit... especially the dying animations. That'll make the game seem more impressive!

Working on 'The Light Inside Us'
Twitter - http://twitter.com/slarti
Devlog - http://bit.ly/1JPumh4
whooshka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 04:26:48 AM »

The game itself is decent fun to play... I got upto level three in the first few minutes so the difficulty was fine for me. There were couple of things I feel could be improved.

1. The jumping over the enemies is a bit weird. I sometimes hit them while I'm doing the jumo which kills them, and sometimes jumping gives me a much bigger boost. Sometimes after jumping on them I can jump in the air as well! I find that a little confusing but maybe its just me.

2. You could jazz up the visual effects a bit... especially the dying animations. That'll make the game seem more impressive!

Thanks for the great feedback.  I have a few ideas how to improve the dying animations.  The jumping probably does need to be refined a bit as well.  Thanks again.
whooshka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 04:29:14 AM »

Great tip about the ladder.  I was in two minds about the timing of that.  My best is level 6 at the moment so it does take a bit of practice to get the timings right on the jump.  Thanks for the feedback.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic