Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1383478 Posts in 66144 Topics- by 58569 Members - Latest Member: RunReadySoftware

October 20, 2020, 09:44:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMORSE - Change the world in the push of a button. (INDIECADE DEMO NOW AVAILABLE)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: MORSE - Change the world in the push of a button. (INDIECADE DEMO NOW AVAILABLE)  (Read 10450 times)
AlexVsCoding
Level 6

Enthusiasm at dangerous levels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2020, 07:07:50 AM »

Why Unity instead of, say Godot or Defold? I guess mostly the plugins you mentioned?

Thanks for the question! So the main reason was Unity was already something I was teaching at University level, and the process of skilling up on it for that was enough of a push to get on board with the tool. By the time I started on the Unity port, I already had the knowledge of how to use most of the systems within Unity, was just getting the actual programming logic figured out (Arguably even now my weakest area within the tool). Admittedly I’ve not touched Stencyl in probably over a month which is unprecedented for me and shows that I’ve managed to transition quicker than I thought! The hardest next step is going to have to shift to programming from using Bolt, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.

AlexVsCoding
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2020, 04:59:35 PM »

Hey Folks!

Exciting news! MORSE is now avaialable on itch.io to download in association with Indiecade!

Grab the game here: https://alexvscoding.itch.io/morse

Check out the trailer too to get you in the mood! Smiley

More updates soon!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2020, 04:29:13 AM »

Good trailer. The mood feels appropriately depressing, given the subject matter (but in an engaging way)
AlexVsCoding
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2020, 03:05:08 PM »

Good trailer. The mood feels appropriately depressing, given the subject matter (but in an engaging way)

Haha, thanks. There's definitely a melancholy vibe to the project, though the main gameplay audio is a little bit more upbeat! Luke did a cracking job getting the mood right, went few a good number of variants.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic