Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:58:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsImpact Winter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Impact Winter  (Read 2514 times)
mojobonesltd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 29, 2015, 06:55:30 AM »

Hi guys, the Mojo Bones team here.

We've been lurkers for a long time but finally decided to bite-the-bullet and get involved. Hi to all our fellow gamers & devs.

We're in the process of developing our latest game titled...

If you have a moment, check out our latest dev update for a look at the game in action...

We also recommend visting our Steam Greenlight page for more info on the game's story and features...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=379015391

Impact Winter is a post-apocalyptic survival game that puts the focus on a couple of key areas...

Firstly, it's team-based. That doesn't sound too revolutionary on the surface, but unlike other team-based survive-em-ups, your crew are NPCs. We love the idea of you being a true leader rather than a hands-on 'controller'. Your team will think for themselves, have their own personalities/skills and be governed by the same stats as you. Make no mistake - although the team are automated - they will be looking to you for advice and leadership. From assigning roles and delegating skills to organizing rations - their fate is in your hands.

Secondly, we wanted to try and create a dynamic gameworld that reacts to the way you play. The events that you encounter; the things you discover; the obstructions you come up against - we wanted these to be generated dynamically rather than hard-coded. Our story has a beginning and end, but we want the journey between those points to be unique to to you.

SCREENSHOTS

We didn't want to start this thread solely as away to promote Impact Winter. We'd love to answer any questions you might have about the game and its development - and perhaps get feedback from you guys on future additions and design ideas. We're still in the early days which means there's lots of room for feedback. Everything you see re: Impact Winter has been created by a team of three guys, and the awesome music comes courtesy of the super-talented Mitch Murder

As a side note: we also love to discuss other games (survival or not). Impact Winter has been influenced by everything from The Secret of Monkey Island and Resident Evil 4 to John Carpenter's 'The Thing', so inspiration can come from many places.

LINKS

Of course, building a community is a big part of development and we'd be grateful for any support you can give. We've added some links below if you want to show your support and join our various channels.

PRESS

« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 07:23:37 AM by mojobonesltd » Logged
oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 07:19:22 AM »

Very cool to see you on TIGForums. I backed your Kickstarter awhile back. Love the fact you guys have been keeping the updates coming even though the campaign was unsuccessful. Gorgeous game, looking forward to getting updates here.

mojobonesltd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 07:21:58 AM »

Very cool to see you on TIGForums. I backed your Kickstarter awhile back. Love the fact you guys have been keeping the updates coming even though the campaign was unsuccessful. Gorgeous game, looking forward to getting updates here.

Awesome! Thanks for your support all those moons ago. It was actually through the amazing feedback we got from the KS that pushed us to continue - so you guys should pat yourselves on the back too.
gereon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 08:23:52 AM »

Very promising game!
I like the atmosphere and weather/light/flare/shadow effects.
And I like the idea of having AI team members. Less micro management and more fun.
The concept of a procedural world with non linear plot sounds like even more fun.
So if you replay it, you will have a unique new storyline?
And the challenges will be more like in strategy games?

Currently working on...
mojobonesltd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 08:39:24 AM »

Very promising game!
I like the atmosphere and weather/light/flare/shadow effects.
And I like the idea of having AI team members. Less micro management and more fun.
The concept of a procedural world with non linear plot sounds like even more fun.
So if you replay it, you will have a unique new storyline?
And the challenges will be more like in strategy games?

Thanks Gereon,

We're definitely trying to capture that atmospheric B-movie vibe but without going too OTT with it. Lighting and atmosphere have definitely been a priority on the project.

Storyline stays consistent in terms of what you're trying to achieve. At the start of a new game, Ako-Light (your robotic companion) picks up a scrambled radio signal that indicates help is arriving in 30 days. So that's where it all begins: trying to get through the next month - with your team - in hope of reaching the story's conclusion and seeing who/what arrives. How you make it through those 30 days is unique to you. The game features perma-death so you're able to lose team members (and their skills) which makes survival all the harder.

Our dynamic event system ranges from very small things to 'game-changers'.

• Do you take a stranger into your base for a few days?
  • A team member has gone missing whilst looking for supplies - do you go after them?
  • There's an argument between your team - who do you side with?
  • Night is falling and the weather is fierce but you desperately need food - do you rest up or risk the elements?

You get the idea Wink
jovanmilic97
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 09:56:03 AM »

This game looks amazing, kudos to you for continuing the development even though you failed on Kickstarter. Will you try again for the funding on KS, I hope you do and get funded because devs like you deserve that.
I voted for you on Greenlight and I knew you would get greenlit very fast.
My question is will it be completely sandbox or have a story mode or maybe even both?
Graphics are great+AI companions and procedural element is a nice idea
mojobonesltd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 10:07:37 AM »

This game looks amazing, kudos to you for continuing the development even though you failed on Kickstarter. Will you try again for the funding on KS, I hope you do and get funded because devs like you deserve that.
I voted for you on Greenlight and I knew you would get greenlit very fast.
My question is will it be completely sandbox or have a story mode or maybe even both?
Graphics are great+AI companions and procedural element is a nice idea

Appreciate the vote Jovan,

We got Greenlit in 3 days which was pretty incredible. Wish we could have stuck around a bit longer for the exposure, but it was awesome that so many people 'Yes voted' the game. Didn't expect such a quick turnaround.

In terms of what's next - hopefully we'll have some news soon (in the coming weeks). Updates will be announced via the usual channels so I'm sure you'll hear about it when we're ready.

Thanks again!
gereon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 12:57:45 PM »

Thanks for the info, Mojo!
I really like this focus on strategy game elements. With these random event system it will surely be a very interesting game to play Smiley Hand Joystick.
To my taste, I would prefer such "game changer events" not to have too much random impact. For example, this stranger: it should not be like roll a dice and 6 means "disaster". You should always be able to manage an event somehow, e.g. find out about him or achieve damage limitation.

Currently working on...
mojobonesltd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 01:00:12 AM »

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share a new screenshot will you all...

It's possible to use some of the items you find in world. In this example Jacob is using a flare to light his way as Ako-Light's battery level is running low. It's also possible to manually control Ako-Light for access to smaller areas. In this example, you'll be able to send Ako-Light inside the plane to search for supplies.

Hope you all like.
mojobonesltd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 12:55:09 AM »

One of the finished interiors of the Church. This is Christophe's room...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic