Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:21:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeTechnical Game Designer position at thatgamecompany
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Technical Game Designer position at thatgamecompany  (Read 4227 times)
thatgamecompany_hivemind
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2009, 11:50:19 AM »

Hi everybody!

I'm John, a programmer at thatgamecompany, and I just wanted to let everyone know that a "Technical Game Designer" position has just opened up at our studio.  TIGSource has been a great site for years, but the level of game dev talent that's manifested itself after the creation of the forums (and the game compos, especially) is truly inspirational.  And now we want to tap into it to further our evil schemes.

In short, the skills needed to design and implement a compo game are the same we're looking for in our Technical Game Designer, but, for those who are interested, here's the complete job description:

Technical Game Designer
thatgamecompany is looking for a technical game designer for an original PlayStation3 game via the PlayStation@Network. The ideal candidate will be a skilled programmer with a passion for designing games. He or she has to be creative and technically proficient, able to both design and implement unique game-play mechanics and scenarios. This position will report to the lead designer, starting immediately.
Responsibilities
  • Work with the lead designer and creative director to brainstorm game-play concepts and mechanics
  • Create tiny quick-and-dirty game-play prototypes exploring key aspects of the game. Any platform is suitable, including Flash, C++, XNA, Processing, etc.
  • Design and implement levels of the game on the PS3 using an in-house level editor
  • Write simple trigger scripts to organize small sequences and effects in levels on the PS3
  • Attend user play test sessions to analyze and improve the game-play experience
Requirements
  • Share the vision of thatgamecompany and have a passion for gaming
  • Proficient with coding in at least one language
  • Can demonstrate a game in which a significant contribution has been made

And here's our jobs page, in case anyone wants to apply:
http://thatgamecompany.com/jobs/
eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 11:06:36 AM »

that's next to where I live! hmm...

michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 03:58:17 PM »

:O

maybe it wouldnt be so appropriate to get mad at them for not posting an introduction first?

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 04:01:56 PM »

When we're people that made Cloud and fl0wer, it's a little (read: very) hard to get mad at them, I'd think.

Currently brainstorming for a project
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic