Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:20:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionArmored Lightning
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Armored Lightning  (Read 2903 times)
TheBlackMask
Level 2

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2009, 02:48:43 PM »

Armored Lightning will be a single-player mech game with a couple twists.  Players will pick one of three factions and battle it out in cities with destructible buildings and things.  I am using GM D3D for this.

The player will control a set of visible hands, which will manipulate buttons and levers in the cockpit.  I am currently in the process of designing exactly how the cockpit will look and function, but I want it to be somewhat indirect, and actually feel like you are piloting a vehicle, rather than directly controlling something.

In addition to this indirect control scheme, each game that you play will have effects on a persistent set of scores stored online.  If you complete a mission, you will earn your team points.  The number of points earned for your team will be determined by the level of difficulty you select for the level played.  I hope to include a small variety of levels, from easy to extremely hard, but extremely worth it.  Also, after the game is released, I want to hold events where bonus points will be awarded to the faction which gains the most points in a specified time period.

I am using a pretty solid D3D engine from an unreleased game I was working on with Moth.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 07:27:38 PM by TheBlackMask » Logged
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 03:15:30 PM »

I love the idea of fighting for a whole 'faction', so called. Awesome idea~!
increpare
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 03:56:46 PM »

sounds pretty good!
TheBlackMask
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 04:14:16 PM »

Here is a really early in-game shot, kinda.  I just threw something together to exemplify the art style I want to take.  The actual cockpit will probably look much different.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 04:17:24 PM by TheBlackMask » Logged
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 04:15:29 PM »

Man, you don't waste time Smiley

Looking good!

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
TheBlackMask
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 04:18:14 PM »

It's all smoke and mirrors, I promise.  I don't really have anything done yet  Grin
TheBlackMask
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 07:12:58 PM »

The first enemy has been added to the game, as well as a bunch of behind the scenes engine stuff.  The second enemy type is coded as well, and it even utilizes a basic cover taking routine...wow!  My next step is to get a placeholder web page up for the faction stats part of the game, and then start working on the 3D models for the hands which will manipulate items in the cockpit.  That's going to be rough, because, as you can see, I'm not the best 3D modeler, lol.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic