Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:13:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGrey Night - Trailer + Kickstarter + Steam Greenlight
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Grey Night - Trailer + Kickstarter + Steam Greenlight  (Read 7798 times)
droxon
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2015, 12:14:37 PM »

Hey guys, I updated the thread you can now see the trailer at Kickstarter: http://kck.st/1KD7exj

Please also vote for us on Steam Greenlight:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=542967023
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 01:48:12 PM by TrerPlay » Logged
droxon
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2015, 06:38:53 PM »

Any feedback?
lobstersteve
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2015, 12:50:14 AM »

I like some of the new animations in the trailer  (the bear, how the character pushes the girl through the hole..), while some Animation seems a little akward. Especially the Run cycle. Also, the characters physics kinda don't mix well with the serious tone of the game.I think you should give him more sense of weight, so that him jumps more like a human being and Not like Mario (which might be hard, because all jumps are designed for this physics, but maybe you'll find s solution to still make it work).
The textfont in the trailer seems a little cheap :/
Overall the game seems fun, but I'm wondering if you aren't overshooting the mark with 15000. I understand that the money is justified for the work, but I'm Not sure if people will be willing to pay that much.
Sunburned Games
Level 1

We are working on The Great Whale Road.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2015, 01:00:19 AM »

Any feedback?

Just backed the KS. Greenlight will be done after my next call. Our KS will start on the 17th of Nov, and I have to submit it for review this week ... I love deadlines.

Good luck!
Joachim @ Sunburned Games

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2015, 01:02:31 AM »

Good luck for your campaign man! I love cinematic platformers! Smiley

Any feedback?

Just backed the KS. Greenlight will be done after my next call. Our KS will start on the 17th of Nov, and I have to submit it for review this week ... I love deadlines.

Good luck!
Joachim @ Sunburned Games

For us the review was instantaneous, don't stress too much with it.

droxon
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2015, 07:17:43 AM »

@lobstersteve

Thanks for your feedback (I added to my notes) :D I'm aware that the animation department needs a lot of work, I'll improve all of them for sure before releasing the game. I'll be posting them here for feedback as soon as can.

I actually like the font :/

And according to my math that's just enough to make it through the release of the game, considering that I have to pay kickstarter fees, taxes and perhaps the music.

If I ask for less, lets say $5,000 or something like that, I'll just be in the same situation in a matter of time... I also don't really want to rush the release, I want to take my time to release the game as polished as possible.

If the community finds the project worth it, that's exactly what I need to complete it, if not so be it.
I don't really see the point in asking for less, if I feel like I won't be able to finish the game with a less amount.

To be honest, I'm hoping to raise even more and hopefully I'll be able to bring some interested people on board the make the game even better.

@ Sunburned Games

Thanks a lot for your support man, I'll make sure to return the favor when the time comes! :D

And Fenrir is right, it says 3 days for review... but as soon as you click on it, if you have green check marks on all the tabs, it will give you the option to submit your project right away and skip the review process.

@ Fenrir

Thanks for your wishes, I really appreciated.
Edit: Your project is actually pretty cool! I'm sure you are going to make it :D I also wish you good luck  Gomez

droxon
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2015, 02:16:08 PM »

I guess I never got around to show you guys how the engine works, I'll start to share more stuff like this here:

droxon
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2015, 11:08:08 AM »

Top 100 on Steam Greenlight in only 3 days!  Gomez

Thanks for your votes guys :D please share Grey Night with your friends to make it happen, we need your support!
droxon
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2015, 01:18:43 PM »

Grey Night already in Top 20 on Steam Greenlight :D

Please we need your vote to make it happen:
droxon
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2015, 03:24:34 PM »

Hey guys, I've been thinking for a long time about adding some more types of combat to Grey Night, what do you guys think?

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic