Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:17:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMirage of Dragon
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Mirage of Dragon  (Read 6913 times)
Ark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2017, 06:04:19 PM »

ENDESGA is does seem to be very active on social media, indeed. I hesitate to speculate on how that may have affected their success
If no money was spent on PR, then the only reason the campaign was successful is their social media activities. It can't be anything else. Sorry, I don't have any romantic feelings about crowd-funding anymore. Noir

The project here lacks a lot of social media investment and imo, a failed crowfunding gives a negative image to your product , how successful it is afterwards.
I agree. You need to plan these things very carefully.

By the way I have some very good news for myself Big Laff. I've finally received some funding from the publisher. Not much but it should be enough - I even have some extra time now to add the optional things like "achievements" and a hidden secret boss battle.

Switching to the "full-time mode" soon. Beer!  
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 06:16:29 PM by Ark » Logged

darrenagar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2017, 01:27:11 AM »

By the way I have some very good news for myself Big Laff. I've finally received some funding from the publisher. Not much but it should be enough - I even have some extra time now to add the optional things like "achievements" and a hidden secret boss battle.

Great news! Can't wait for a tasty look at gameplay someday Beg

Where kickstarter is concerned. I'm not going to let negative press dissuade me from backing projects worthy of support. Now that the crazyness around it has died off, we have to view it much more realistically.   

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2017, 10:33:50 AM »

If no money was spent on PR, then the only reason the campaign was successful is their social media activities. It can't be anything else.

Even if so, that's far from marking successful crowdfunding as the province of only the rich or famous.

Sorry, I don't have any romantic feelings about crowd-funding anymore. Noir

Again, I'm sorry to read it. :/

Conversely, I'm glad to read that! Congratulations! ^_^

uuav
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2017, 12:44:07 PM »

That art-style is gorgeous!!!
Ark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2017, 09:37:04 AM »

That art-style is gorgeous!!!
Thanks. Doing my best. Toast Left

Even if so, that's far from marking successful crowdfunding as the province of only the rich or famous.
I agree. You invest time if you can't invest money. Personally, I have neither. So a much easier (and may be the only) way for me is working with a publisher, which is going nice so far. Smiley

Conversely, I'm glad to read that! Congratulations! ^_^
Thanks!  Beer!

Great news! Can't wait for a tasty look at gameplay someday
Thanks. I can make a video right now, but I'm going to follow my original plan. The process seems very slow when you are doing everything yourself... but it isn't. Smiley

This entire month I have been working on the level design. Building platforms and such... I think I have about 20% of the world done - that's not much at all, but the rest should be faster to make. Also re-designing some of the older stuff.

Upgraded cover art (still not final, I think):

Always wanted to do something like this - a room of patterns! :

Another dragon sub-form (still in progress! I might change everything):

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »

So a much easier (and may be the only) way for me is working with a publisher, which is going nice so far. Smiley

Hey, if it's working for you, I won't gainsay it. ^_^

Building platforms and such...

This gave me the amusing mental image of you standing in a level with a screwdriver, attaching walkways to the walls. Tongue

It reads as though things are progressing fairly well; I hope that they continue to do so. ^_^

Ark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2017, 07:43:29 AM »

I'm still alive and I'm back Noir. Mirage of Dragon is finished and will be released on Steam next month. Yay. (I've uploaded the trailer - you can find the link in the first post if you're interested.)

I know it was a boring blog, but at least that 100% mark was reached. I'll write something else here next month Smiley. I hope to have a thing or two to say here then. Working on a new game already - may be I'll start another boring blog about it...

P.S. Happy X-Mas!   

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2017, 08:48:00 AM »

Happy Christmas to you too! ^_^

Well done on having that release-day set! I hope that it goes well for you! ^_^

(For some reason the trailer doesn't show up for me--although the post seems to be spaced as though it should. I do seem to have managed to get to it by extracting the URL from the page-source, however.)

Ark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2018, 02:24:30 PM »

Well done on having that release-day set! I hope that it goes well for you!
Thanks! I doubt it will go well though - I wasn't expecting any kind of success to begin with. Gentleman

(For some reason the trailer doesn't show up for me--although the post seems to be spaced as though it should. I do seem to have managed to get to it by extracting the URL from the page-source, however.)
That is rather strange. Anyway, this is my last post here - nothing will be added. Here's the link to the game on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/782380/Mirage_of_Dragon/

Personally, I'm satisfied with the game I have made. Regardless of what people may think about it, I love it. And that's all I have to say for now. Consider playing it if you like surreal mazes and easy platformers.

I think I already have a lot to say about my next project, so I'm thinking about starting a new dev-log on the forum. This will be my best game so far.

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2018, 04:52:49 PM »

Congratulations on the release, and I'm glad that you're so pleased with what you made. I hope that the next project goes well for you! ^_^

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic