Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:13:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionTime Travel Game
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Time Travel Game  (Read 6258 times)
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 02:07:58 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_of_Memories

Best time-travel game ever, imo. Not counting the Princes. Great adventure game with original plot.
No, Astro Boy: Omega Factor is but nice try though.

Seriously, Shadow Of Memories sounds great. I'll put it on my goozex list.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
ArmchairArmada
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 04:26:36 PM »

I was messing around with a small scale economy simulation and getting rather frustrated.  Nothing seemed to be working out properly.  The basic idea was that if I break up the civilization simulation into a number of industries then I could greatly simplify the system -- as industries only have to be concerned with themselves and the code could be reused across all industries.  What I would like to see is a growing economy with most of the population employed and reasonably priced products ... but that's not what's happening.  Every change I make seems to throw everything off in completely different ways -- high prices, low employment rates, no growth, etc.  It's very complex.

The only way it can seem to at least partially work is if there is money appearing out of thin air.  Otherwise prices rise too high and growth stops.
Traveller
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 04:42:32 PM »

Don't try to make it too realistic.  Fudge wherever convenient.  Remember, there's millions of variables, and you will NEVER get them all, and a lot of them are tiny little effects with enormous spikes in certain random conditions.  Fudge things.  Don't say "What model would be realistic", say "What model would give me the responses I want from this state".
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic