Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:44:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDapenter - Early Playable Version (Testers needed)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Dapenter - Early Playable Version (Testers needed)  (Read 2381 times)
papaonn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2015, 05:50:31 AM »

Watch the Gameplay Trailer here :

Play the Early Build Here :

http://papaonn.itch.io/dapenter

I am a Hero when I was kid,
but I grown up and become a person waiting to be saved by Hero.  Cry

I don't want that ..

I want to be Hero again! Cool

And so I build myself a Big Super Heroic Sword Yay! Whatever!  Mock Anger

I wield my BIG SUPERB SooonicBOoomb HEROICS SWORD to fight back my Life!  Hand Knife Right

I built myself a dream House, and it's totally FREE of TAXes  Toast Left

I sweared I ain't going to walk / horse riding like any other Hero!
I DRIVE, it's so fashioned! So I built it!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I cut, cut and cut .. I keep cutting and build so many Toys!

I crafted many stuffs, they are all useful in my Toys!

I so hungry! I BBQ-ed some Apple-Pies .. from the Tree I Chopped ..  Hand Fork Left

3 Days later, I realized that I am so Lonely, I snatched a Baby Dino Egg!  Shrug

Yuack!! It turned out the Egg is from a Duck!!  Outraged

In the end .. I build a Catepillar as my pet to cure my Lonelines ..  Durr...?

And I feel bored sometimes, I built Ferris Wheel !  Coffee

Just like other Gamer Boys, Forever Alone in the Ferris Wheel! Mock Anger

Thanks for watching the Sad Story of a True Hero!

Until Next Time!

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:18:13 AM by papaonn » Logged

koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 03:37:31 PM »

I was under the impression that most testers come to this part of the forums to have people test their games for free. Haha.

I assume you have some close friends or family that are helping you test the game for free though, right? I hope so!

I've been following this for a bit now. I do really love the idea of being able to create all these different toys/buildings/weapons/etc.

Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 11:13:16 PM »

Yeah...I don't know how likely you are to find people here who are willing to pay you for the opportunity to test your game.

If it was free, I'd be willing to try it out and give you feedback. There's no way I'm giving you money in order to do that, though.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
papaonn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 06:24:19 PM »

Sorry guys, here's the free copies of the game.

Try it out, and let me know, because I am working on Multiplayer currently, need some feedback.

Claim it within 24 hours!  Mock Anger
https://www.humblebundle.com/s?gift=HCkcuTUT55ACa58k
https://www.humblebundle.com/s?gift=UuNPAXVrcGqStn3x
https://www.humblebundle.com/s?gift=y7hyfvAekexh8mkZ
https://www.humblebundle.com/s?gift=fZTBdcxEmPK7DbWR
https://www.humblebundle.com/s?gift=KkVtyhKYVcFm6DV5

papaonn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 06:29:49 PM »

There's also a Trailer available on top of the post!

Here's a little tutorial on how to design your Toys.
Tutorial

GeniusInteractive
Level 0

ok

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 06:37:01 PM »

Yeah...I don't know how likely you are to find people here who are willing to pay you for the opportunity to test your game.

If it was free, I'd be willing to try it out and give you feedback. There's no way I'm giving you money in order to do that, though.

This joke of his, asking people to pay him to playtest, fits in with the light-hearted nature of his game.

ok
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 06:38:03 PM »

Ok. I used the first key in the list. I'll be back later with some feedback.

papaonn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 06:39:34 PM »

This joke of his, asking people to pay him to playtest, fits in with the light-hearted nature of his game.

Cheesy

Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 07:34:46 PM »

-I hate installers, especially when testing games, but at least the license agreement was slightly entertaining.

-Having the updater separate from the game is a little inconvenient, but not too bad I guess.

-The first thing I did was hit a tree a bunch of times. It didn't seem to be doing anything, though (Needs more player feedback). Since it wasn't doing anything, I stopped and then suddenly tons of items started appearing at my character's feet because I'd actually destroyed the tree after all. Again, this is an issue with a lack of feedback. It should be very obvious that the player has finished chopping the tree and doesn't have to keep hitting it.

-Do rocks produce resources endlessly?

-That T-Rex looks amazing.

-The T-Rex attacks me endlessly when I die (at least until it makes me fall off the map). It also has a weird habit of flying in the air when it runs up a boulder..

-This is just personal preference, but I generally like games to pause when I alt-tab to a different window.

-I found the T-Rex annoying to deal with. It turns so quickly, so even strafing can't help me deal with it. I eventually killed it by picking up a car and swinging it. It would be nice if running from it made it eventually give up or something, otherwise it just gets in the way. It's not fun to fight and it doesn't seem to add any enjoyment or tension to the game. It's just irritating, even though I love how it looks and moves.

-There's a strange rectangular shadow on the ground that inverts the normal shadows from other things.

-The "driver" section of a car doesn't seem to have any collision box associated with it, so it just sinks into the ground when the car is upside down.

-Pretty often, the physics will just go crazy, with an object stuck half inside the ground, shaking constantly.

-I find the tools a bit cumbersome to use, mainly because I have to use the number keys to switch between them. Why not the mouse wheel? It's also very strange that most tools use the left mouse button, but using the wrench to destroy things uses the right button. I kept feeling like I should be able to destroy things using other tools and only use the wrench to modify motor speeds. Having to switch back and forth all the time wasn't ideal.

-For the most part, I still found the interface pretty easy to figure out. I do think putting a little more information about how to play into the tutorial would be a good idea, though.

-One thing I did have trouble with was making things attach to one another the way I wanted them to. I couldn't even properly pick up my sword, because no matter which point I selected, it was always held at least a little bit wrong. I tried to stick a wheel to a car and the side of the wheel got attached instead of the axle. I think it's just a bit unclear that the spot you pick an object up from is the spot that will be attached when you try to put it on something.

-The car that I used to kill the T-Rex seemed to have its wheels pulled off, but still technically connected (ie. whatever connection was holding them to the car got stretched, I think). It went back to normal when I moved it.

-It can be a bit tricky to select a specific part on a moving object. It might be nice to have some way to disable an object's motors remotely (like an EMP blast sort of idea) in order to be able to work on it more easily.

-The word, "Cancel" extends past the edge of the button in the motor settings window.

-The wheels seem very unreliable. As I type, I'm watching a simple object rotate like it should, then slow down for no reason, then rotate again, then stop, then start again. The wheels are rotating the whole time, so something weird is going on.

-It would be very nice to be able to set the motor speed by typing a number or using a slider, rather than having to go through all the numbers in between.

-Motors set to a speed of zero still sound like they're on.

-When I put motors on things myself, they never seem to rotate (I am setting a speed and confirming it).

-Without the ability to lift up an object to work on it, it can be tricky to make what you want to. Let's say I want to randomly add a wheel to the bottom of something. How do I do it? Do I have to throw the thing around until it lands upside down and then attach the wheel or is there actually a way?

-When I went to quit, I got a runtime error: "The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

Not a lot of things worked well for me, but it felt like there was a lot of good stuff in there. I think it's got potential.

koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 08:46:24 PM »

Used the bottom-most key on the list!  Will look into the game tonight.

EDIT:

So my first observations.

**GOOD**
-The duck. It's ridiculously cute.

-I really like being able to craft items of different shapes and sizes. (I'm hoping there will be more shapes as you progress!)

-I made a giant mace and felt like a boss.

-Being able to connect things together is really interesting and I hope this idea will be worked on more.

**NEED TO WORK ON**
-I got an error when I killed the duck. Maybe I deserved it... just a little.

-Obviously you'll need sounds as you go

-Either I'm stupid, or the motors aren't working the way they are supposed to.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:07:41 PM by koutetsusteel » Logged

papaonn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 09:34:54 PM »

Sorry, here's the tutorial page : http://papaonn.com/tutorial

Thanks for the feedback, I am kind of busy at the moment, will get back with you guys soon! My Word!

Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 10:31:25 PM »

Sorry, here's the tutorial page : http://papaonn.com/tutorial

Yeah, I saw that page after I finished playing and it seems pretty thorough, but the "Tutorial" option in the menu should really cover the basics.

papaonn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 11:22:48 PM »

Used the bottom-most key on the list!  Will look into the game tonight.

Hey, you are free to make video gameplay, would like to have a look too!

papaonn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 11:24:46 PM »

Toast Left

koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2015, 01:59:06 PM »

I have uploaded a video that shows off some different things in the game! It includes some of my impressions as well.  Hopefully  it can give you some insight into what can be made better! Smiley

papaonn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 07:57:27 PM »

Hey Thanks bruuh!!

That's a great video for analysis !

I have shared it to my community!
http://facebook.com/DapenterGame

Btw, you can pick up things using the Hand with Right-Click,
and you could Right-Click to Rotate when using Nail trying to build,
also you need to use Hand to Left-Click to hit the Engine (you called it Battery in the vid) to actually run it.

You got the wiring correct and everything's perfect haha.

Thanks Bruh! That is a GREAT feedback as I can really see what's going on for the controller.
I will improve on those things!

Thank you !   Toast Left

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:35:56 AM by papaonn » Logged

koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 08:30:50 PM »

Hey Thanks bruuh!!

That's a great video for analysis !

I have shared it to my community!
http://facebook.com/Dapenter

Btw, you can pick up things using the Hand with Right-Click,
and you could Right-Click to Rotate when using Nail trying to build,
also you need to use Hand to Left-Click to hit the Engine (you called it Battery in the vid) to actually run it.

You got the wiring correct and everything's perfect haha.

Thanks Bruh! That is a GREAT feedback as I can really see what's going on for the controller.
I will improve on those things!

Thank you !   Toast Left

Oh my gosh! Now that I know how to use the engines... Wow, I've created so many amazing things just now.  I'm going to put up another video tomorrow to show all the cool things that can be done already!

papaonn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 12:36:30 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Can't wait to see  Cheesy Cheesy

koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 01:42:14 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Can't wait to see  Cheesy Cheesy

I need ideas for what cool things I should try and build though! haha.

papaonn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 02:02:25 AM »

hey awesome haha, do you actually find using the big box and just whack everything out is a good thing?

haha hey why dont try some traps to actually caged up the dino, and automatically send him to prison kind of stuff, i think you could work out several idea and focus on single mission, cut and edit to pile up the video in like 5-10 mins will make your view even better Smiley  Toast Left

awesome vid as usual! Beer!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic