Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 22, 2024, 11:09:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFull Sail: Digital Arts & Design
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Full Sail: Digital Arts & Design  (Read 1559 times)
ChevyRay
« on: August 31, 2007, 08:54:34 PM »

I've been looking into Full Sail and its Digital Arts & Design program, and I've drawn great interest in applying for it. It seems like a broad and hair-straight-back degree, and word is pretty big about the place right now as it's fairly accredited. But I'd like to hear a bit more.

Is there any graduates of Full Sail occupying these forums who could put in a few words to an eager undergrad-to-be? Every time I say "Full Sail", I get told "Digi-Pen", but admissions are closed and my transcripts seem to agree with Full Sail a bit more. Any advice from someone in the know would be great!

Chevy Ray
the_dannobot
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 04:24:54 PM »

I did the game design course at Full Sail.  It's a pretty good program, but I'd recommend you get a four year degree in computer science first.

Dannobot on Twitter
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 01:47:58 PM »

Yeah, game education doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a game job.  If that's what you're after, what you actually need is a portfolio, and that goes for both artists and programmers.  Game design jobs are accidents, so you should never bet on them.  After all, you can "learn" design from a book.  Not to mention, design is mostly common sense.  If you're determined to be involved in games, go art or code, or just make games.

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic