Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:07:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTire Storm Released
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tire Storm Released  (Read 2182 times)
JeffWeber
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2009, 04:38:16 AM »

Tire Storm is my latest physics game.  It is a fun (I hope), casual, 5 to 10 minute time-waster. 

You are a tire (yep, a tire!) floating adrift on a log in the middle of the ocean. Your goal is to stay on the log as long as possible as a storm rolls in and the ocean waves get crazy.

That's it, simple but fun.

Tire Storm also has a high score system so you can compete against other...ummm.. tires. 

Here is the direct link: Tire Storm

Here are some screens:

Here is a You Tube video:

Jeff Weber
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 06:04:24 AM by JeffWeber » Logged

Wishfallen
Level 0

Flat-based!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 05:43:28 AM »

The links are broken :/

But I did play it a few days ago when I was looking Farseer up. I like it. Good, quick fun.

Signature nullified!
JeffWeber
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 06:06:15 AM »

Links are fixed. Thanks for pointing them out.

Glad you like the game.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 06:12:41 AM »

This probably makes me terrible but when I realized what this game was about I thought that it'd probably be more compelling if it were a person on a wheelchair instead of a tire. It'd add a human element and give players a motivation not to let them fall in the water (since it'd be a person dying and not just a tire). Tires also float I believe, so would it really be so bad if a tire fell in the water?

increpare
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 06:33:33 AM »

This probably makes me terrible but when I realized what this game was about I thought that it'd probably be more compelling if it were a person on a wheelchair instead of a tire. It'd add a human element and give players a motivation not to let them fall in the water (since it'd be a person dying and not just a tire). Tires also float I believe, so would it really be so bad if a tire fell in the water?
maybe it was a punctured tire Sad
JeffWeber
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 07:06:17 AM »

Funny that you say that.  I was actually going to take the character from my other game, Diver, and have him be in a wheel chair on the log.  If you ever played Diver, you'd see it makes perfect sense for him to be in a wheel chair. :-)

I decided not to do it because this was really just meant to be a quick game in between the other games I'm developing.  I didn't want to put anymore time into it.

Part of me wishes now I had, but then again I'm glad to have moved on to my next game which interests me a lot more.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 08:36:02 AM »

maybe it was a punctured tire Sad

I thought of that, but would it roll as smoothly if it were punctured?

increpare
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 09:14:29 AM »

I thought of that, but would it roll as smoothly if it were punctured?
more or less I'd guess; I'd imagine it's mainly the weight of cars that causes punctured tires to roll especially funnily.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 01:35:04 PM »

That's pretty fun Smiley I just think the water "stutters" too much and that wheather change is too abrupt, as suddenly the clouds turn gray and the thunderstorm starts. But apart from those it's really and feels very nice. I think the sound also really adds to it Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic