Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:26:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionShe loves me, she loves me not
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: She loves me, she loves me not  (Read 5664 times)
[platypus]
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2009, 05:02:19 AM »

(The name of this thread is not going to be the name of the game)

The protagonist of this game is a boy who is desperately in love with a girl.
The milieu of this game is a medieval-ish fair in a small village.
The cockpit in this game will be inside the boy's head, and therefore you can control his eyes,nose,mouth,hands and feet.
The goal of the game is, of course, make the girl love you.

I will make this game using AGS, so in a way it's going to be a point&click type of game.

Hope I'll have time to finish this.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 05:08:45 AM »

Sounds really nice! But very hard to implement well. It'd be cool if you really had to use the nose for something Wink
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 05:24:33 AM by Hempuli » Logged

ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 05:39:26 AM »

Sounds really nice! But very hard to implement well. It'd be cool if you really had to use the nose for something Wink

Your character suffers an asthma attack when face to face with the girl- forgetting this vital body part will cause you to faint and ruin your chances! ... Or something?

Currently brainstorming for a project
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 05:41:30 AM »

Your character suffers an asthma attack when face to face with the girl- forgetting this vital body part will cause you to faint and ruin your chances! ... Or something?

If you had a flu, forgetting it would make you sneeze over her.

[platypus]
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 05:48:54 AM »

The game is all about collecting information on what kind of boys does the girl like.
Then act according to that, and gain her respect.
In a way this is a detective game.
I assure you, the nose is not useless according to my plans.
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 05:51:18 AM »

So wait, you're going to be stalking guys that she likes in order to make yourself into a guy she likes?

Somehow, I feel pity for the main character already.

Also, why do I foresee the guy sniffing around people to try to learn what kind of cologne she likes?

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 05:58:16 AM »

Also, why do I foresee the guy sniffing around people to try to learn what kind of cologne she likes?

Good use of the nose. Also using ears to listen through a door what kind of dirty jokes she enjoys when she's with other boys.

[platypus]
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 06:10:34 AM »

Now you just try turn a romantic fool into a stalking monster. He's not trying to change himself into something else, he simply tries to impress the girl; make her notice him.
There won't be any competition from other boys (nor girls)[maybe]. You just talk with her, and pick up things.

There will be bar to show the boy's confidence, and when you succeed at something you gain it. Confidence will then affect on his dialogues with the girl.

I try to have a screenshot for you next week, for I have too much things to do this weekend.

Good use of the nose. Also using ears to listen through a door what kind of dirty jokes she enjoys when she's with other boys.
Ears, that's right. I knew I forgot something. Thanks.
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 06:18:26 AM »

Now you just try turn a romantic fool into a stalking monster. He's not trying to change himself into something else, he simply tries to impress the girl; make her notice him.
The game is all about collecting information on what kind of boys does the girl like.

Well, okay, I get it, but I think it would be a little more logical to find out more about her and what she likes- in reality, crushes are usually un-made as people find out things about another person they didn't know.

I think it would be interesting if there was competition on both sides, i.e. the game over for the game could be that either another girl woos you (because you sleuthed something unpleasant or misunderstood something while your confidence was too low or something), or you run out of time and some other guy woos her. I think it'd be interesting either way really, I'm just interpreting what you say in my own way (for humor's sake). Don't take anything I say incredibly seriously- it's your game.

[platypus]
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 07:10:00 AM »

I was not offended. It's always good to have feedback, be it good or bad.
mirosurabu
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 01:55:10 PM »

Games about human behaviors and interpersonal communication are my territory. Hopefully, you'll come up with something interesting and blow me away.

I wonder what kind of interface you'll use for human behavior.
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 03:20:36 PM »

I'm impressed by the number of games that are featuring the inside of a human head as a cockpit! Have you seen The Science of Sleep? A lot of the movie takes place in a TV Studio inside the main character's head, and occasionally he looks out of two windows that act as his eyes.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 04:41:47 PM »

(The name of this thread is not going to be the name of the game)

The protagonist of this game is a boy who is desperately in love with a girl.
The milieu of this game is a medieval-ish fair in a small village.
The cockpit in this game will be inside the boy's head, and therefore you can control his eyes,nose,mouth,hands and feet.
The goal of the game is, of course, make the girl love you.

I will make this game using AGS, so in a way it's going to be a point&click type of game.

Hope I'll have time to finish this.

You can never win such a game...   Cry
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 04:51:48 PM »

Tell me about it  Cry

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 05:08:21 PM »

I assure you, the nose is not useless according to my plans.

the dawn of smelly games is at hand. Hand Fork Left Beer! Hand Knife Right

no, it's a lovely idea and I can't wait to see what are you turning it into.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic