Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:36:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNantucket - A Seafaring Strategy Game
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Nantucket - A Seafaring Strategy Game  (Read 22008 times)
fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2016, 07:13:58 AM »

Very charming project. The choice menu reminds me of Crusader Kings. Hope everything goes smooth!
Since the game's Unity based...any chance for more localizations? I assume it'll release with a few European languages?

Thanks! We designed a big "Choose your own adventure" style Event system, we are aiming to put a thousand events in so ...

Yes, Crusader Kings was an inspiration for the events and ...

No, it will release english only, maybe after release.

Thanks for the answer. Looking forward to the game!

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2016, 08:30:15 AM »

Any plans for an iPad version? The card game/map navigation looks like it could fit nicely on a tablet.

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
bubman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2016, 03:14:20 AM »

Any plans for an iPad version? The card game/map navigation looks like it could fit nicely on a tablet.

Not at release. The map interaction is quite suitable for tablets, but we have a complex tooltip system which activates at mouse-over, so we should rethink all the UI to work well on tablets.

Programmer @ Picaresque Studio working on Nantucket
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2016, 05:42:04 AM »

I'm gonna stick a harpoon in this and see where it goes. Looks really promising!

bubman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 10:51:36 AM »

I'm gonna stick a harpoon in this and see where it goes. Looks really promising!

Thanks Smiley

bubman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2017, 03:35:56 AM »

Development is going on steady, here's a bunch of screens and gifs to show our progress

Screens and Gifs

bubman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2017, 11:57:15 AM »

Ahoy,

as we approach the late stages of development we took some time to talk about the new 2D pathfinding system we worked on in the last few weeks, hoping it could help fellow Unity developers.

Check out the article on our website

bubman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2017, 06:49:09 AM »

Ahoy Sailors,

To increase the fidelity of Nantucket with the 1800 marine life, we added sea shanties in the game.

Check out our website for more info.

Nantucket is in beta, and looking for testers. If you want to get involved, please write us a mail at [email protected] and follow us in the sites below.

Links

fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2017, 08:49:33 AM »

Ahoy Sailors,

To increase the fidelity of Nantucket with the 1800 marine life, we added sea shanties in the game.

Check out our website for more info.

Nantucket is in beta, and looking for testers. If you want to get involved, please write us a mail at [email protected] and follow us in the sites below.

It felt a bit jarring to hear the shanty so clearly after the BGM fades out. Maybe the sea faring noises/ambience sound could be a bit louder so it might feel more natural? Just my two cents.  Beer!

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
bubman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2017, 09:01:23 AM »

Hi Fall Ark,

I just decreased the effects volume for this video, so yeah ... there will be louder ambience sounds.

fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2017, 09:08:09 AM »

Hi Fall Ark,

I just decreased the effects volume for this video, so yeah ... there will be louder ambience sounds.

Good to know! Tongue

bubman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2017, 09:46:55 AM »

The wait is almost over! We just announced Nantucket's release date along with a brand new trailer. Check it out!

We also got a steam page, you can add Nantucket to your wishlist

Steam Page

bubman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2018, 02:35:05 AM »

Time to put that 100% bar Smiley

NANTUCKET IS OUT:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/621220

Keirley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2018, 03:48:15 AM »

Congrats! I've been keeping an eye on this for a while - just picked it up from Steam.

Play the prototype for The Red Market here: https://haruspex-games.itch.io/the-red-market

If you like the game, or have suggestions feel free to comment on the DevLog thread: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=65289.0

Or come say hello on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nickkeirle
bacon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2018, 12:53:42 PM »

Totally missed this until now, it looks great!! Congratulations on the release and looking forward to it!!

CANTATA
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic