Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:15:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSplosh4k
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Splosh4k  (Read 1473 times)
Morre
Level 1

Apocaquatic syntomy.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2009, 06:46:23 AM »

I've spent most of the day working on a game 4kb game for the Java4k contest called Splosh4k. It is admittedly heavily inspired by

The game is distributed as applet and webstart:
Applet
Webstart

The goal is simply to paint enough of the level using as few shots as possible. I might do something like adding a restriction on how many shots are available on each level, but I'm not sure.

Here's a partial screenshot, although I think it looks better in action:

Any comments, feedback and ideas would be very appreciated! The gameplay is kinda so-so as it is right now, might have to change that a bit. I could also use the remaining space for adding new maps or perhaps even a built-in editor (some 170 bytes left).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 06:49:45 AM by Morre » Logged

The Idea Book  --  www.x2d.org  --  I am Dragonene on IRC.
increpare
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 06:57:26 AM »

pretty diverting. 

good work Smiley
Super-Dot
Level 1

hup hup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 01:36:46 AM »

This is really neat! The last level felt disproportionately hard, but that would have felt fine at the time if I'd known that it was the last level. Maybe some sort of indication of your progress on the Click to Continue screen? Speaking of which screen, I keep accidentally clicking through it and missing what it's saying. It would work a lot better if the screen disappeared when you release the mouse.

If you could add tiny squish/splat sound effects, I think that'd make a lot of difference. Adding some feedback to hovering and clicking the mouse icon might be a good idea—change the cursor to a finger, maybe make the circle expand or the color change on click.

All in all, a good show, especially considering that it's 4k! Coffee

Kelsey Higham, student at SJSU
genericuser
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 01:36:50 PM »

Pretty nice game!

Good work Coffee
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic