Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 03:56:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsApp Inventor - Kids friendly visual programming
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: App Inventor - Kids friendly visual programming  (Read 1348 times)
imagnity
Level 0

Coding = Life;

View Profile WWW
« on: June 28, 2015, 05:45:47 AM »

MIT App Inventor is a blocks-based programming tool that allows everyone, even novices, to start programming and build fully functional apps for Android devices. Newcomers to App Inventor can have their first app up and running in an hour or less, and can program more complex apps in significantly less time than with more traditional, text-based languages.

I have written some tutorials here - http://www.imagnity.com/tutorial-index/

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 04:05:45 AM »

Great! Thank you!

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 01:57:59 AM »

Oh... I was looking for something like this. Good job, sir!  Gentleman

Yeah.
coasterspaul
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 07:00:52 AM »

In my experience with both, Scratch scales a whole lot better. It can be easier to set up something simple in App Inventor, but Scratch is better if you need to have multiple objects of the same type (especially now that they've added a clone feature in code, but even the manual duplication before worked better for me than App Inventor.)

With Scratch I felt like I could push its limits to do some pretty amazing stuff. With App Inventor I felt like I had to push its limits to do anything past the most simple stuff.

Of course, others may have different experiences. Also, App Inventor has the upside of being able to make actual apps as opposed to Scratch's totally browser-based setup.
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 01:05:26 PM »

Well, App Inventor is good for simple stuff, like when you need to make some sort of converter and none of available apps are making the cut.

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic