Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:05:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopNeed feedback for UI
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need feedback for UI  (Read 2383 times)
ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: July 05, 2015, 08:10:01 AM »

Hi folks, been tinkering with our UI a bit to make it more easily understandable.  I came to this look, which is pretty basic and blah, and still needs icons and shit, but I was hoping if you all could give some feedback as to whether it's "readable" at first glance.  Any critiques or feedback would be most appreciated!

The MegaMagic Dude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 09:57:04 AM »

Ok, so this is a game about... France?

Nah, really. First way of realizing if this is readable or not is by giving you my idea so far on what's this game about just by looking this screenshot.

I understand is a kind of political turn-based game where you must win some elections or so. You have different districts and you can quickly check how many people root for you, who prefer the other candidate and who's undecided yet. 

The "end turn" button tells me that there is some kind of resource I spend during my turn (funds? actions?) and I can end it before spending all of it. I want to know which are the resources I have (aside funds). I mean, usually in this kind of games I have some "movements limit" or similar. I'm looking for something like that.

Then the color in the nametag is confuse. What's the meaning of the color? The colors match with the circles on the "map overlay". But it doesn't make sense to me. It's related? If it isn't, don't match the colors. If it's related, how it is related? It means that in the yellow places there are more patrons while in the blue ones there are more command points? Try to avoid using similar colors for different kinds of information.

But essentially I think I get the game at first glance. I guess some stuff will be clear if I see an animated gif or a video.

Advice: I like the art and I get that plain color is like your thing. I love plain color. But there are some things that look TOO plain, like the "End turn button". It doesn't seem a button at all and it looks kinda weird. Also the bars look awkward. I think that is because I associate plain color with static information. So it's cool that the "place cards" are in plain colors, or the icons for "reputations", "funds" and so. Because they're static elements (I guess). But the dynamic and specially the interactive ones might work better with another kind of finish.

But my overall opinion is that this is really pretty and clear. You're going the right way  Beer!

woah! That surely is a piece of feedback  My Word!

I hope it has been useful  Smiley
And now is the awkward moment when I invite you to take a look on our devlog  Beg
(please don't hate me)  Crazy

Visit our devlog!

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 10:03:20 AM »

muting map when menus popup would probably make them more readable on first glance
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic