Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:05:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit Competition[FINISHED] Luna
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [FINISHED] Luna  (Read 10234 times)
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 06:31:30 AM »

Cymon:
I feel honoured, you may put it up on your site.
http://www.cymonsgames.com/images/logo80x80.gif
I've been visiting your site frequently last weeks,
http://www.cymonsgames.com/images/logo80x80.gif http://www.cymonsgames.com/images/logo80x80.gif
Could you guide me to some good places on the internet where they specifically talk about C with Curses (Yes I've used google, only the info is pretty scattered I think)? +What is the best active curses-community on the net from what you know?
I want to learn C while using curses directly from the start, instead of learning C with stdio first.
As far as I know there isn't one. I think part of the problem is Curses isn't new. There's no active development community, which is a shame because I'm running out of Curses programs. The cboard has some good curses programmers. GameDev too.
Or do you think I should learn C from the simple tutorials (that use stdio) first and get into curses soon?
The advantage to stdio is the existence of cheat sheets. I'm actually in the process of making a curses cheat sheet, tho, so that should change soon.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
whitespace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 07:57:55 PM »

Thanks for your reply,

I thought, since there are groups still making ascii-art, or demos in c64-asm, or games with pixels as big as pixels on a zx81, there should be a group of people besides the roguelike-developers, that like to make ascii games. Too bad.

that cheatlist a nice idea
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 09:19:04 AM »

Thanks for your reply,

I thought, since there are groups still making ascii-art, or demos in c64-asm, or games with pixels as big as pixels on a zx81, there should be a group of people besides the roguelike-developers, that like to make ascii games. Too bad.

that cheatlist a nice idea

You know, I'd start one if I had any idea how to snag an audience.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Will Vale
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 01:07:39 AM »

I landed on my third or fourth go, lots of 7s until I got close to the ground, then 9s.

I think the minimalist title screen looks great.
Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 11:17:37 AM »

I also loved it.  How much of this is taken from a genre and how much is exactly copied?

YOU ARE ON THE MOON.
YOU LANDED SUCCESFULLY WITH A SPEED OF 1 M/S,
IT TOOK YOU 20 SECONDS,
YOU HAVE 1 FUEL UNITS LEFT,
I WONDER WHAT YOU WANT TO DO HERE.
REFRESH TO TRY BETTER.

Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 04:28:41 PM »

You should use this as your "cockpit"  Wink

Pages: 1 [2]