Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:55:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionInvade
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Invade  (Read 2520 times)
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:57:19 AM »

So the plot is your a space invader piloting a ufo high above a strange planet.  You are looking out the bottom of the ufo so as to more accuratly target your tractor beam/death ray.  You have come to this planet to learn more about it how you do that is up to you.  Your only limit is the energy you have, your ship is indestructable because of your force field technology but using the force field does take a lot of energy.

Objective
Maximize your score by gathering info about plant, animal, mineral, and society.  Also you are given a "score" based on what the people of the planet think of you but this does not affect your real score it just shows how you played the game.

Controls
Move around with the arrow keys and have 1 button for the tractor beam (suck up rock samples, animal samples, plant samples, extra energy, etc.)  and 1 button to activate your high powered laser which will blow up whatever is below you.

Player Choice
the player can choose to cassually observe the people of the planet.  Helping them by killing food for them with their laser or protecting them from harm.  In return maybe they will help you?  Or they can disregard them, abducting them out of their beds, blowing up their houses in search of energy etc.  Or of course you can take the middle route.

Mock-Up: It's attached at the bottom.  The bars show your relative research in the variuos subjects.  The green stuff is the ground viewed from out your window.  It will scroll as you move.  The cross hairs in the middle is what you are targeting and the squares and circles are plant and animal life.  If anyone feels like doing any graphics for this that would be sweet but if not (as I suspect) I'll just make them myself (albiet not to well).

Unfortunatly, this quarter is crazy so I can't really work on this for a couple more weeks but I'll be doing it in flash and it doesn't sound to hard so hopefully I can get it out in time.
Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 12:40:50 PM »

Very interesting concept!

Queight
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 06:49:24 AM »

I was thinking about almost exactly the same idea. Good luck Smiley
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 11:26:22 AM »

Thanks!  I haven't been able to do any coding, but I did do some drawing when my mind was feeling broken so here we have some of the graphics for the game.  I still need to scan them in and convert them to flash files...

Fuzz
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 04:06:58 PM »

Thanks!  I haven't been able to do any coding, but I did do some drawing when my mind was feeling broken so here we have some of the graphics for the game.  I still need to scan them in and convert them to flash files...

That green tentacle guy is amazing.
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 11:46:21 PM »

Thanks, I'm glad you like him.  I decided to load the whole thing into flash and see what I could do.  Now this is just from the picture I took, so I'm not sure if I'll stick with it or scan the original in to get a better image.  I would really like to know what people think of this art style and what i could do to improve it...

« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 05:12:09 PM by dustin » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic