Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:03:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFrog Days
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: Frog Days  (Read 56999 times)
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2017, 09:53:56 PM »

Quicksand-T I'm about to check my PM's! Maybe its a case of the uncanny valley but for vegetables. I've come to see that the uncanny valley could apply to all objects, maybe not so much in a creepy way, but in a way where an image of an everyday object has all the qualities of realism and the models are very realistic, but has some tell tale signs of being computer generated, maybe a stretched texture here, some crude bump mapping there... There's a certain "beauty"(well, IMO of course!) when an image has realistic qualities but is ultimately fake looking.

Yeah, it really is a beautiful look.

Did you ever watch the early CG cartoon Reboot?

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2017, 09:57:00 PM »

YES! I've seen every episode of Reboot :p... Talk about a series that did so many things perfectly!

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2017, 09:25:47 AM »

It's been a while but everything is fine, I've just been waiting because I would have liked to have had some (possibly good) news! But it's taking too long :p

I've been chipping away at various things, making final graphics for FlamingOS, fixing the occasional bug or overhauling things here and there. Something that I've been doing on and off was getting the mouse theme customizer(customouser?) working properly. Now it's functional, just not very pretty yet!

Awhile ago I showed the desert themed cursor set here(it was probably in the pixel art topic) that had banana splits as the left and right arrow graphics and someone was like "wow I'd love to have a banana split cursor!" or something. That's kind of stuck with in my mind, so now players can do that.

And I also started on the interface for changing wallpapers:

Happy Birthday, to anyone who's birthday it might be today! Have some cake:

And a bonus... a goose!

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2017, 11:02:23 AM »

Woah bonus goose!

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2017, 04:32:58 PM »

this continues to be one of my most anticipated projects on this here web site

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2017, 07:48:31 PM »

this continues to be one of my most anticipated projects on this here web site
same here. i'm overwhelmed by the pace of devlogs and this is basically the only one i regularly check in on at this point.

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2017, 11:33:46 AM »

Aww thank you everyone! Smiley That means a lot! Pizza for everyone... Hand Fork Left Hand Knife Right

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2017, 12:43:05 PM »

pepperoni is murder
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2017, 02:15:57 PM »

Aww thank you everyone! Smiley That means a lot! Pizza for everyone... Hand Fork Left Hand Knife Right

*silent hill theme plays*
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2017, 07:28:14 AM »

pepperoni is murder

Here's the vegetarian option:

*that's imitation pepperoni*

Superb Joe my pizza seems a lot less innocent when you bring up Silent Hill! Wink

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2017, 07:46:45 AM »

thank you sword of kings for being accommodating to your players and may I also suggest including a vegan option with a cheese substitute
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2017, 10:42:19 PM »

Looks like a bunch of the images earlier in the thread are broken.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2017, 06:31:17 AM »

nothing is permanent

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2017, 08:51:03 AM »

nothing is permanent

is impermanence permanent
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2017, 09:02:36 AM »

Thank you for letting me know Quicksand-T! I was meaning to update the first post with a more recent content and possibly a video before those links broke(they're hosted on Dropbox which doesn't allow image tags anymore or if they do I couldn't get them working) but well... I forgot all about it hehe! There will be something there soon.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2017, 09:51:51 AM »

Public folder support was killed yesterday, so it's not really fixable through Dropbox.

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2017, 11:09:11 AM »

Yeah it sucks! Even the image that shows below all my posts is borked(but I was going to update that one as well, eventually...) I have a lot of stuff posted around the internet using dropbox links but it's not really worth the trouble to go on a scavenger hunt and fix it all... it was fun while it lasted though.

While I'm here this is the actual game logo I made awhile ago but never showed as I was planning long ago to update the first post:

And the tagline for the game:
"A New, Unusual, Ribbiting Adventure!"

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2017, 09:17:09 AM »

I was feeling particularly musical and was working on finishing up some older WIP songs. Here's a couple:
Another puzzle theme
Another wandering around theme

One other thing I've been working on a more detailed background layer to the first world I made. Well, it's no longer that world at all except in it's concept! None of the models are from the very first, original version, they're all pretty low quality compared to the better(but still pretty low) quality models I can make now. I'd like to finish it off, put in game and have a real playable demonstration to show.

The plants except for the palm tree and grass were made using the sapling generator in Blender.

The next place I'll probably start finishing up is relating to this:

There is a Chuck E. Cheese type world, however don't be confused as it won't be spooky or anything! Robot animals don't always have to be "scary." :p But... I will say it's difficult to light something like an animatronic without giving it a slight spook factor. The tone of this world would be "enchanted and innocent," not "Faux Nights at Phreddy's." This is one of the Birthday Place Songs to set the mood.

I'd like to make 3 more goofy robots, 5 total- one for sax, drums, organ and bass to play stuff my arrangement of the St. Luis Rag. The crocodile/dino one doesn't play anything and would just stand there waving or something(probably tell a joke or something before the band would play, but that's if I can muster up a silly enough voice and tell corny jokes in it)

If you're interested in using public domain music, you can find a ton of public domain midis and more here, which is where I got the original midi for the St. Luis Rag:
http://www.mutopiaproject.org/index.html

Oh and one more thing, weeks ago I made a binary dissolve transition:

Mainly to be used for special occasions.

Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2017, 05:14:18 PM »

The intro to that first song is so familiar to me from something from my childhood, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2017, 09:36:05 AM »

Some of the musical style in Frog Days(besides excessive slap bass) is influenced by fleeting memories of new age-y production music in some of the educational videos I saw in middle school or else where which could be the reason for the familiarity. That might explain the familiarity!

I've been working on the birthday Chuck E. Cheese like world I mentioned previously and have made fantastic progress. All 5 musical animals are done. I'm REALLY torn between showing it all off or just letting it be a surprise... I think I'll just let it be a surprise. Though I did make this for fun while working on the animal band:

*This shot is missing game stuff like arcade cabinets, air hockey tables, whatever else I'll make, not to mention other decorative dressing, all of which I've yet to model*

I spent a lot of time arranging some of Scott Joplin's beautiful rags for that jukebox, of which all 6 of them are finished. The original compositions as well as many other rags are in the public domain so anyone interested in taking a crack at their own rag time arrangements go to http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/make-table.cgi?Style=Jazz

Here's a couple:
Search Light Rag

Maple Leaf Rag

One of my favorite things about the public domain is being able to take old stuff and breath new life into it in ways the original creator couldn't have imagined.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic