Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:54:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFrog Days
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Print
Author Topic: Frog Days  (Read 56726 times)
arborist
Level 0

broken mirrors and useless prayer

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 01, 2019, 09:19:48 AM »

Hello, I am just a lurker.

To be honest, I hate posting/talking to people.
In general, the internet past the earliest days of it is - endlessly disappointing to me. Whereas my fondest memories are of bulletin boards and forums where conversations could go on forever, and people were optimistic, nothing is really good anymore.

So, understand that registering for yet another forum account and posting is a big step for me!.. Cheesy

I just wanted to say that I'm very glad you're doing things that make you happy; that's a lot more important to me, and I think anyone who idly watched this project since Ghosts of Aliens, then it actually being finished.
Games are just things in idle space - as much as I want them all to be completed, time and life are finite. Nothing good ever happens. Big Laff

And I'd rather you not feel the urge to share everything; especially if the game was an unpleasant thing for you.
But... I do have one request.

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind sharing some of the music/sound effects you'd created?
Your music is incredibly peaceful and encouraging to me. I can't really explain why; I mean, for hell's sake, I'm the sort of idiot who also finds merzbow peaceful, so who knows. Shrug

You could absolutely put it up on bandcamp, or something like that. I know it isn't about money, but money helps find time and resources to do what you really want, and despite my innate glumness, I would like to see that happen - even if it's never released, even if it's just for your own benefit.

That's all, really; I truly hope you have better days, and whatever you find yourself creating - in any form - brings you some measure of happiness.  Smiley
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 02, 2019, 02:56:00 PM »

Thank you, but you know about Ghosts of Aliens? Did you go to gamingw back in the day then? That's ancient history now XD

I'm glad you like the music, at the time I was trying to make music that felt "triumphant" and "encouraging" actually. So it's nice that it comes across as that Smiley I might share the soundtrack(maybe all of It, I wrote a looot of music for frog days. Like over 100 songs but I didn't ise all of them) and some sound effects.

A lot of the sound effects come from stock sound CDs(one I bought a physical copy of for cheap. But also some from a series of sound CDs by a mysterious company named "Wayzata Technologies" most known for making the Museum of Anything Goes)

I can share links to those, they're on archive.org I believe.

If you want to talk more send me an email(should be in my profile) or PM me. Email would be morw convenient though hehe!

Thanks again for the support and kind words. Believe me when I say I'm a very happy person right now making stuff I really enjoy! Maybe one day I'll talk about it but right now isn't the time.

Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: June 03, 2019, 05:06:25 AM »

Holy moly 100 songs?!
I think you should release at least Frog Days' soundtrack and make people feel nostalgic for a game they never played.

You know I adore your music (and probably a lot of people appreciate it too)

But, who knows, maybe you wanna use it somewhere else?

My devlog:     My twitter:
Private Party      twitter
arborist
Level 0

broken mirrors and useless prayer

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 03, 2019, 06:24:09 AM »

Thank you, but you know about Ghosts of Aliens? Did you go to gamingw back in the day then? That's ancient history now XD

Now, now, please don't make me feel older than I am, as I am significantly older than Ghosts of Aliens. Cheesy

But you guessed right; I've lurked many a place over the years, essentially being a spooky/friendly internet ghost that can't bring themselves to post (I'm too tender-hearted for the shenanigans that came to dominate gamingw in time, ahaha) but tries to... Subconsciously spread hope, I guess. Don't ask how that works - what it really means is that I'm a bit of a coward.  Big Laff

What I will say is, please do expect an e-mail soon-ish, with a bit more stuff in it.
After I get back from some business today!  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Left

And!

Wise words of wisdom.

It's swordofkings, too, so they'll be roughly 100+ songs of caliber, too!
But - yes, everything you said.
Tabook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 22, 2019, 11:19:34 AM »

A bit late to the party, but I'm glad to see that there was some final closure on the fate of this game. Unfortunate, but I know the feeling of losing interest in a project all too well, so I can sympathize. I still say you should just dump the unfinished project on mega upload or itch.io or something just for the few who really wanted to give it a try, bugs and all. Also would like to compliment you on the music you contributed to Hypnospace, Zared was one of my favorite artists, and I didn't realize it was you till I saw the ending credits.  Cheesy It was also cool to see FlamingOS mentioned a few times in that game, like they both existed within the same strange alternate universe.
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 23, 2019, 02:40:19 PM »

A bit late to the party, but I'm glad to see that there was some final closure on the fate of this game. Unfortunate, but I know the feeling of losing interest in a project all too well, so I can sympathize. I still say you should just dump the unfinished project on mega upload or itch.io or something just for the few who really wanted to give it a try, bugs and all. Also would like to compliment you on the music you contributed to Hypnospace, Zared was one of my favorite artists, and I didn't realize it was you till I saw the ending credits.  Cheesy It was also cool to see FlamingOS mentioned a few times in that game, like they both existed within the same strange alternate universe.

Thanks Smiley I'm still not sure about releasing it to the public yet... I don't know, I've gotten emails from some people, DMs, posts here telling me people wanted it. I might chip away at it now and again. If I do I'll post something here...

What's necessary to get done is
-Intro fmv
-a couple(or at least one) FMV explaining some story stuff you find in different places in the game
-An end FMV

The intro would be a weird multi media CD Rom style opening. The others mostly involve this guy talking:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y3fSx2LvNm4wd0HLA6hogXv365hrvH43/view?usp=drivesdk

Spoilers I guess but at this point I'm not too concerned with that. I've done some lip sync and animation tests and it's not terribly challenging to do, for what I want anyway... But I also need to record the talking! (unless anyone wants to volunteer to do a goofy alien voice?)

Anyway we'll see. My focus is still something else. But like I said, I might do something on Frog Days soon.

Also glad you liked the Zared stuff! It was fun to make.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 02:47:09 PM by swordofkings128 » Logged

lunchbreak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 20, 2019, 03:45:15 AM »

A bit late to the party, but I'm glad to see that there was some final closure on the fate of this game. Unfortunate, but I know the feeling of losing interest in a project all too well, so I can sympathize. I still say you should just dump the unfinished project on mega upload or itch.io or something just for the few who really wanted to give it a try, bugs and all. Also would like to compliment you on the music you contributed to Hypnospace, Zared was one of my favorite artists, and I didn't realize it was you till I saw the ending credits.  Cheesy It was also cool to see FlamingOS mentioned a few times in that game, like they both existed within the same strange alternate universe.

Thanks Smiley I'm still not sure about releasing it to the public yet... I don't know, I've gotten emails from some people, DMs, posts here telling me people wanted it. I might chip away at it now and again. If I do I'll post something here...

What's necessary to get done is
-Intro fmv
-a couple(or at least one) FMV explaining some story stuff you find in different places in the game
-An end FMV

The intro would be a weird multi media CD Rom style opening. The others mostly involve this guy talking:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y3fSx2LvNm4wd0HLA6hogXv365hrvH43/view?usp=drivesdk

Spoilers I guess but at this point I'm not too concerned with that. I've done some lip sync and animation tests and it's not terribly challenging to do, for what I want anyway... But I also need to record the talking! (unless anyone wants to volunteer to do a goofy alien voice?)

Anyway we'll see. My focus is still something else. But like I said, I might do something on Frog Days soon.

Also glad you liked the Zared stuff! It was fun to make.

Oh man, hope you get the inspiration to finish it someday. Would be fun to see the thing, even if it is not fully completed and has bugs...  Cheesy
howhow54321
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 03, 2021, 01:35:11 PM »

Please release Frog Days I beg you!
Doriko
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 21, 2023, 08:17:18 AM »

A few days ago I saw this game on a Vinesauce stream and I just had to stop watching and experience it myself, the visuals and sounds and the entire gameplay of it brought back so many memories of using my computer when I was young and everything was so unique and colorful like that. I miss the old days of the computers where everything just looked like that without any explanation. Nowadays everything is made to be as bland and flat as possible and this charm is long gone.
That's why I absolutely love this game. I've been looking for something similar to Hypnospace Outlaw, and I've finally found something that satisfies my itch. The visuals and the atmosphere in all the different applications are incredible and incredibly nostalgic for all the right reasons. The computer operates exactly as I would assume a 1990s/early 2000s computer would respond to my inputs, even to the point where all the bugs and missing text boxes feel like they belong there. I love the vision behind this, you absolutely nailed it and I hope we'll get to play a finished version someday. Absolutely stunning. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic