Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 22, 2024, 10:25:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsViolent Sol - Worlds
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Violent Sol - Worlds  (Read 4124 times)
stupidrat
Level 0

I love Game Development

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2015, 12:21:23 PM »

A major testing day for the code that does collision detection and map transitions.

Collisions are in and I ended up having a collisionData object that had a bunch of stuff in it to switch from Farseer triggered event to our message queue to do any non physics based reactions.  Seems to work well for the map transitions test. 

For map transitions, I was thinking staircase.  If you walk to the stairs and collide with them then it would switch maps quickly and you would continue to move.  To start I just wanted to setup a test where you hit a stairs entity, in this case the light blue circle, then the entity is pulled out of the map and placed back in according to the map transition data in the stairs object you collided with.  For now I just had it place you back at the beginning where you started the game at. 

It is working well, my next step is to have multiple maps not just one.  Then have the map loading load in the current area you are in and any areas around the map transitions you can flip to.  Then try and link a bunch together.  If that goes well, then I will call this stuff good and probably begin on the detailed world creation of our first Biome.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic