Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:58:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAnd So It Was (Demo, Greenlight)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: And So It Was (Demo, Greenlight)  (Read 4256 times)
flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 12:12:07 AM »

i like it too, i just don't really understand why the damage number appear 1 second before the enemy is hit. Does it match the moment when you click on the enemy ?

yanneyanen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 07:50:02 PM »

flashysquirrel: The numbers don't have anything to do with the attack at the end; that's just a normal attack. The numbers come from the spell that's cast on the enemy (the green target is the spell target) and the effects appear as you click on the enemy to cast the spell Smiley

None of the spells in the game are actual projectiles, but can be cast straight to where your cursor is, provided it's in range. It's not really visible in the small gifs, but each spell that has a limited range has a circle indicating how far it can be cast:

In other news, I added switches to the game the other day. Hitting them will reveal small "secret" rooms. The game has proper secret rooms already, but these are there to give the player a little bit more to do in terms of exploration/non-combat stuff. The room here has a lore book, but some of these rooms will have pickups and stuff, so even if you don't care about lore, it can still be worth it to hit the switches Smiley

jovanmilic97
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 03:53:28 PM »

This looks amazing, I wonder how you didnt get greenlit, please I beg you to relaunch on Greenlight.
Delete the old one and start the new one.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:03:03 PM by jovanmilic97 » Logged
yanneyanen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 06:33:33 PM »

jovanmilic97: Thank you!

I have thought about relaunching the Greenlight. The game is so much better now than when I first put it on Greenlight. It might get more attention that way (and now it might actually deserve that attention). Have people actually done that with success? The game is currently 78% of the way to the top 100. I'm just wondering if it will be worth it to relaunch at this point.

yanneyanen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2015, 04:44:37 AM »

New trap spell that does damage in an area.

yanneyanen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2015, 09:33:58 PM »

I haven't posted an update in a while since I have mostly been working on bug fixes and other (mostly) invisible stuff.
I also finished writing all of the lore texts and placed them in the game for players to find and read. You don't have to read them, but I think they help with wordbuilding and also give clues/information about what is actually happening with the Boy. Anyway, they were fun to write, so it's all good Smiley

I also added some smaller secret rooms within the bigger rooms. These work in the same way as the levers, but instead of hitting a lever, they appear if you... well, run at a wall, essentially.

yanneyanen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 12:55:30 PM »

I've had a little less time to work on the game recently, but here's a gif of a new(ish) spell. It makes your next hit do one extra damage, but it also damages you at the same time.

I posted this on the Screenshot Saturday thread earlier, but I also made a "spellbook" menu where you can see all the spells and passive effects you have found. This can be accessed from both the pause menu and the main menu.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic