Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 06:52:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSomewhere on Zibylon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Somewhere on Zibylon  (Read 10226 times)
smgorden
Level 0

Gentleman Programmer

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2017, 08:24:09 AM »

Re: security lasers.
Depth perception of the dense field of lasers is a bit difficult (at least, in the video). Have you considered fading the color over distance so the player can tell which ones are close by the intensity of red (or something similar)?

Makin' games.
JohnyBGooD
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2017, 08:35:15 AM »

Yes, you right. It is almost impossible to pass, if you go straight. But at the bottom and on the sides, where the lasers pass through the floor and walls, they are easy to circumvent. The player must guess how to pass.

Twitter ••• Facebook
JohnyBGooD
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2017, 09:11:11 AM »

Installation of amplifiers and fun with missiles. The combat system of the game received an update.

Twitter ••• Facebook
JohnyBGooD
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2017, 05:11:31 AM »

Free demo v0.5 has been released.

Improvements, bug fixes, new grab-carry system, intro scene has been added. Now you can also capture level 2 in the Planet Control mode.

Link to download:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/somewhere-on-zibylon/downloads/somewhere-on-zibylon-v05-free-demo
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 05:18:16 AM by JohnyBGooD » Logged

Twitter ••• Facebook
JohnyBGooD
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2017, 07:15:57 AM »

Description, graphical assets, free demo have been updated (see the first post of the thread).

Twitter ••• Facebook
JohnyBGooD
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2017, 06:30:48 AM »

Gameplay trailer has been released:

Twitter ••• Facebook
JohnyBGooD
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2017, 04:42:04 AM »

Hi guys,

The free demo has been updated to version 0.90. Try it and tell me what do you think:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/somewhere-on-zibylon/downloads/somewhere-on-zibylonv090-free-demo

Twitter ••• Facebook
filbs111
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2017, 05:03:39 PM »

Played 0.90. Performance is solid. Looks nice. Has promise. I got as far as getting caught by the first enemy.
The door puzzle before that is quite tricky. I can see that with the targeting dot, the player should be able to just line up where they want to throw the box, but the difficulty for me is in getting the dot to pass over where i want to shoot.
I used an Xbox 360 controller which has some nonzero input when not touching it, and deliberate small inputs produce quite large rotations, so aiming at the target is quite finicky. I suggest reducing rotation speed for small inputs (for fine control) and perhaps a small dead zone (to avoid rotation "drift" when not touching controller).
Also, when backed up against the door, and aiming towards the switch, the camera can end up behind the door, so i can't see what i'm shooting at. Perhaps the door should go semi transparent, or the camera should be constrained to not go inside the wall/door.
Also had some difficulty grabbing the floating boxes when they are close to walls, having to nudge them away from the wall before grabbing in some cases - i guess collision with the wall has the side effect of dropping the box.
JohnyBGooD
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2017, 09:56:38 PM »

Thanks for your feedback. I will consider it for the future development. As for gamepad sensitivity - I have tried many variations, if set it too slow it will be hard to turn around, etc. It is hard to get used to it, but after passing the first level with gamepad it becomes handy.

Twitter ••• Facebook
JohnyBGooD
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2017, 03:24:32 AM »

Tried again to make smooth and slow Joystick movement with small input and now I found some solution. Thanks again for testing and feedback!

Twitter ••• Facebook
JohnyBGooD
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2017, 06:17:18 AM »

After the long and interesting development cycle, I'm happy to announce that Somewhere on Zibylon has been released today on Steam! I thank all the people who support me and give feedback on the free demos.

Link to the Steam page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/631920/Somewhere_on_Zibylon/

Twitter ••• Facebook
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic