Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:14:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionDizzy Cups [CANCELED AND DELETED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Cups [CANCELED AND DELETED]  (Read 4977 times)
ArmchairArmada
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 24, 2009, 07:34:18 PM »

[edit]
Because so many people had problems running this, and because it's nothing too special, I decided to simply delete it from my server.  Other people's versions of this, hosted in various places, my remain for an unknown amount of time.
[/edit]

It's the world's first Teacup Ride Simulator, and you're at the controls!

MOTION SICKNESS WARNING!

Download Version 0.01 (Contains both Windows and Linux executables -- though the Windows version may not work.)
Controls are:
  • Left and Right arrow keys spin teacup
  • 'F' plays fun animation
  • 'B' plays bored animation

I started making this as a quick little joke project.  It was done with Blender's game engine.  The original goal was to try to make your friend throw up on the ride, but I didn't get around to implementing that.  At the moment I don't have too much interest in bringing it to completion.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:34:00 PM by ArmchairArmada » Logged
ChrisFranklin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 08:22:01 PM »

This application has failed to start because avformat-52.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Sad
ArmchairArmada
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 08:30:25 PM »

Well, I guess it didn't work.  I tried running the Windows version of Blender through Wine so I could try to save a Windows runnable, but I guess something so convoluted was bound to fail.  I don't have a version of Windows on my computer, so ... I guess only Linux people can run this.  Ah, your not missing much anyhow.

[edit]It may work now that I manually copied the DLL's it needed and updated the zip file.[/edit]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 08:45:53 PM by ArmchairArmada » Logged
Fuzz
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 08:40:25 PM »

But it looks so awesome... Gentleman
I haven't tried running it yet, but I'll probably get the same error. I don't have Linux, just one Mac and one Windows PC.
ArmchairArmada
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 08:43:50 PM »

I manually copied all of Blender's DLL's into the folder, re-zipped, and re-uploaded it.  Maybe it will work now.

Edit: I replaced the old file, so redownload it from the same link.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 08:53:47 PM by ArmchairArmada » Logged
Fuzz
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 08:47:07 PM »

I'll try both versions and see if either works.  Grin

EDIT: both versions meaning old and new, not Windows and Linux.
Fuzz
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 08:59:17 PM »

"The application failed to initialize". I really wanted to play this.   Cry
ArmchairArmada
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 09:09:44 PM »

Ok, let's try this.

If you download and install Blender you can then download my teacups ride blend file.  Load the blend file, then on the top menu bar click Game->Start Game to play it.

Edit: Tomorrow I might try to use my brother's computer to see if I could get it working in Windows.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:17:47 PM by ArmchairArmada » Logged
Fuzz
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 09:19:26 PM »

Ok, let's try this.

If you download and install Blender you can then download my teacups ride blend file.  On the top menu bar click Game->Start Game to play it.
I'll try soon. I can't try right now, but I'll be able to within the next couple of hours. I'll also try it on my Mac.

FAKE EDIT:
I just came across this. It might help with porting it.
Fuzz
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 09:45:33 PM »

I made a Mac version! I'll try to do Windows soon.
Fuzz
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 10:33:55 PM »

Well, I made a Windows version, but oddly enough, it doesn't work on my computer. When I loaded the .blend file into blender and tried the game, it worked just fine, but it fails to initialize once I export it as a .exe file with all the necessary .dlls. It probably works on someone else's computer though, so can anyone try it and post if it works?
Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 11:45:08 PM »

works fine for me.

Fuzz
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 11:49:10 PM »

Ah. Maybe my computer's just not very good. I guess I'll just have to play it from the .blend file.  Cry
ArmchairArmada
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 07:56:50 AM »

Wow, thanks!  All this work for something that's more of a toy than a game ... makes me wish I actually completed more before sharing it.

Now I need to figure out what I REALLY want to work on for this competition.  I have a few ideas, so I guess I'll have to weigh my options.

Thanks again.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 10:17:32 AM »

neither version works on my Vista Shrug

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Fuzz
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 04:13:34 PM »

I took the time to upload a Windows version that actually works for me but it's just the teacup_ride.blend file packaged with blender and a readme saying how to open it. Tongue
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic