Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:46:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)3D thread
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 192
Print
Author Topic: 3D thread  (Read 937404 times)
CobraMode
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: June 25, 2014, 04:13:53 PM »

Ahoy mateys! Hmmm... there is a conspicuous lack of a pirate emoticon.
I've been working on a game called Upsilon Circuit. Here are a few models!
Sorry about the width.

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2901 on: June 25, 2014, 04:16:49 PM »

they're awesome, do you have more?

(use this)
Code:
[img width=710]url[/img]

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: June 25, 2014, 04:38:20 PM »

They're quite solid; good work!
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2903 on: June 25, 2014, 11:47:56 PM »

I feel there's too much realistic detail in her face and too realistic proportions for her 'shortcake frosting' hair to really work. Consider making her hair more hair:y and less dough:y.

Otherwise I like it, the face is in a perfect place between realism and stylization - it's both good-looking and has lots of expression. Also the legs are really dynamic and the silhouette has nice curves (not sexycurves, just dynamic curves). Very different from lots of stylized straight matchstick legs I've seen in 3D. Good work.
CobraMode
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: June 26, 2014, 11:44:19 AM »

Thanks for the comments guys! I think you're right about the hair. When I get around to making more hairstyles, I'll be keeping that in mind. Originally when it was made, we were really crunching to get a demo for Pax East, so I just needed something vaguely resembling hair.

Man, I would love to do an art dump of all the models, but it's important to the really crazy concept of the game to have the sense of discovery intact. I bet I'll be able to share at least a few more later.

Oh, I have a new one from Dwelvers I haven't shown yet though.
She sits in the hell rift spewing out demons in the heart of your dungeon!
The teeth are a bit plain, but it read better at the camera distance the player will be normally using, so I kept them that way.

Heh, you guys might get a kick out of the first version I did.
It's... a bit more unique, but they wanted something more demonic Wink

eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2905 on: June 26, 2014, 04:28:16 PM »

Oh wow, the one with the crown and makeup is so much cooler than the pig nosed one! I feel that the one with makeup both has more (unique) character and reads better due to the colors, while the one with the nose ring is too cookie cutter standard.

Please tell me they went with the one with the crown!

Artoodiitoo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2906 on: June 27, 2014, 04:59:22 AM »

Some background renders I made for our game The Detail. Also my WIP police car model :3

Vilanat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: June 27, 2014, 06:46:25 AM »

Ahoy mateys! Hmmm... there is a conspicuous lack of a pirate emoticon.
I've been working on a game called Upsilon Circuit. Here are a few models!
Sorry about the width.

As i already told you, those are magnificent!

Oh wow, the one with the crown and makeup is so much cooler than the pig nosed one! I feel that the one with makeup both has more (unique) character and reads better due to the colors, while the one with the nose ring is too cookie cutter standard.

Please tell me they went with the one with the crown!

We went with the piggy nosed one :D

While i agree cobra's first version is far more unique, the newer one fits more with the rest of the game style, in my opinion.
HyperThermal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: June 30, 2014, 12:27:10 PM »

I'm not quite sure if this should be in this thread, or even on the art board in general, but I'm planning on making a game in Unity, and at the moment, I'm working on rigging the main character. I am not technical minded at all, but I have adequate knowledge on how to rig. I've been planning on using the Rigify addon, but there's some stuff that needs to be added, particularly the face. I don't know if I should use purely armature based rigging for the face, or if I should use shape keys. Which would work better on the Unity engine?
Götz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2909 on: July 02, 2014, 02:58:50 PM »

another update on the character i'm currently working on

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2910 on: July 03, 2014, 10:32:53 PM »

@Gotz would be great to see this guy posed. The lighting isn't doing much for me at the moment fwiw.

Working with IBL and cycles for some downtime fun. The background panorama is just google images sourced stuff with some extra required lighting painted in, curves adjusted and blurred to high hell.

Render times are a bit of a turn off but it's nice not having to swap between programs so much for sure. The node based setup works a treat. Need to build a grunty desktop with a powerful GPU in it to get the most out of it I expect.

Back to work now I guess, haha.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:27:55 AM by Geti » Logged

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2911 on: July 04, 2014, 05:26:31 AM »

Came back and retouched the lighting and ice cause I wasn't happy with it. Improvement speaks for itself I think :^)

Götz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2912 on: July 04, 2014, 01:36:50 PM »

@Geti yeah, looks a lot better now

I still have to work a little bit more on the hair of the character and after that I'll start rigging and posing the character. I'm still not sure about the shading and texturing...

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2913 on: July 04, 2014, 05:44:32 PM »

Any reason you didn't model him in a T or bent T pose? tends to make rigging easier (with bent T being a bit trickier to rig but giving better deforms).

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2914 on: July 04, 2014, 05:57:11 PM »

^ By bent T, you mean like an ↑ arrow, right?

Götz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2915 on: July 04, 2014, 11:50:53 PM »

Any reason you didn't model him in a T or bent T pose? tends to make rigging easier (with bent T being a bit trickier to rig but giving better deforms).

i just thought it would be easier for preserving shoulder deformation, and being for a kart racing game I don't worry too much about it. But yeah, T pose is better for rigging, as everything is aligned.

Not touching bones rotation and using empty nodes to retain orientation on controllers does the trick pretty well.

Pol
Level 1

yee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2916 on: July 05, 2014, 03:10:35 PM »

}-=\\\',«º> Dev+artblog · Home on the web · @PolClarissou <º».\\\'=-{
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2917 on: July 05, 2014, 08:44:33 PM »

@Pol: sampling on the stars looks a little iffy imo but the rings on the planet look interesting.

^ By bent T, you mean like an ↑ arrow, right?
Yup, not sure what the commonly used name for it is but I see a lot of sculpting in that position due to it preserving shoulder and elbow deformation a little better.

i just thought it would be easier for preserving shoulder deformation, and being for a kart racing game I don't worry too much about it. But yeah, T pose is better for rigging, as everything is aligned.
For cart racing the elbows usually stick out a bit as far as I've seen, but of course do whatever works Smiley

Lopiky
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: July 05, 2014, 09:03:24 PM »

Textured 3d model i made awhile ago :D

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/axe-ax-3d-blend/826406

Just a amateur game dev :p
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2919 on: July 06, 2014, 05:11:23 PM »

Played more with IBL and cycles, this time with a more interesting and believable tumbler and a wooden side table. Took a few tries to get lighting I was happy with but worked out pretty nicely imo. Might do a series of pieces featuring beverages as it's nice downtime work, benefits a lot from a path traced render and I've often got some reference on hand, haha.

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 192
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic