Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 02:35:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)3D thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 192
Print
Author Topic: 3D thread  (Read 936876 times)
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2009, 01:03:39 PM »

the model here has no lighting, only diffuse texture
That gives quite a nice effect! Just wondering, what resolution are those textures at?

two 512x512 Smiley

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2009, 01:36:12 PM »

That's pretty sweet, Eclipse! A little hi-res for WoW though, most of their textures are actually 256x.

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2009, 02:50:35 PM »

Hey Eclipse, looks really great! mind posting your texture flats up for us to look at?

Heres a model im working on that I think I posted in another thread but not this one so i guess ill post here anyways.  Still a work in progress. the texture is 1024x. Ill post the texture flats up once i get a chance to get to my other computer.

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2009, 05:01:36 PM »

i have to say thats quite an interesting design, man.

looking good!  SmileyHand Thumbs Up Right

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2009, 06:34:56 AM »

That's pretty sweet, Eclipse! A little hi-res for WoW though, most of their textures are actually 256x.

WOW! awesome job Caliber Smiley i love it!

Here are my textures:

this last one uses colorkey for trasparencies, so i can still save it as 24bit instead of 32 Wink
As i've still space I think i'll add some stuff like grass to place around the tree roots and stuff like that...

yup i knew that, it has also more polys than a standard wow model perhaps, but i was talking about the painterly style rather than the specs they used Wink
It needed to be detailed because it will look big on the game, as it's a side scrolling platformer and trees like that will serve as background during the first level
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 06:44:20 AM by Eclipse » Logged

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2009, 05:46:45 AM »

Eclipse-  Awesome work with the textures eclipse great work on tiling it so seamlessly.  Ive never tried it it worked really well.  What program are you using to model?  I use 3dmax.  Id also love to hear more about your 3d project sounds great!

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2009, 12:51:54 PM »

Eclipse-  Awesome work with the textures eclipse great work on tiling it so seamlessly.  Ive never tried it it worked really well.  What program are you using to model?  I use 3dmax.  Id also love to hear more about your 3d project sounds great!

thanky youu  Kiss
I use Modo, even if i use the 301 version it's the best 3d software i had the pleasure to use, you can customize EVERYTHING in the GUI and make your own hotkeys, even with multiple commands, for example i have CTRL+W that i call "weld" that collapse the vertices i've selected and merge them together, you can also set it to work using the input of your favourite software at least regarding the viewports\3d movements.
It's affordable if you're a freelancer (the new version costs more Sad but still a lot less than max or maya) and the license is valid for both mac os X and windows.
It also has sculpting! but it lacks anything on the skeletons\animation side, it's a modeler, not a full 3d suite.

You should try it, it was much easier and faster to use for me than max, for example just pressing T your mouse will highlight vertices\edges\faces and clicking will make them move, so editing a mesh is very quick.

About my project... is a 3d platformer with 2d gameplay Smiley basically it's my old entry at the VGNG tig compo, Zombiedog in Crazyland, done as a real project Smiley
I hope to be able to post something more in a week!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 12:55:44 PM by Eclipse » Logged

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2009, 04:37:25 PM »

oh also, an old model from the game (an NPC)

and... the first boss :]

diffuse only, those shots are from Milkshape and i hate that software goraud shading, so i always disable it.
I swear they look a lot better in-game, with dynamic illumination and rim lighting

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2009, 10:54:06 AM »

Any chance of a screenshot of said dynamic illumination and rim lighting?

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2009, 01:05:07 PM »

sadly I really have my code all messed up at the moment, so i'm not really able to take good looking in-game shots atm Sad
But i'll post some shots in a week or so and *maybe* upload a site and officially announce the game.

the last in-game screen i did was from weeks ago, and it was full of glitches 'cause bad alpha sorting.

the final graphics will be a lot more pleasing for sure, i still need to do a lot of work Smiley

Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2009, 02:50:35 PM »

Wow--these all look wonderful! I wish I didn't suck at 3D graphics. :D

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2009, 03:20:43 PM »

Ah, looks very nice even with the dodgy alpha issues! I like twisty, spirally fantasy stuff.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2009, 03:29:14 PM »

:D awww that piggy is so cute!

MultiPigeon
Level 0

Executive Walrus

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2009, 02:32:18 AM »

Ah, looks very nice even with the dodgy alpha issues! I like twisty, spirally fantasy stuff.

I read the word Dodgy as Doggy which managed to confuse me for a couple of seconds as I gazed upon your creation. Anyway, great stuff. I have a sort of soft spot for low-poly models with great and colorful textures.

My creative side is as big as my lazy side.
The possessor of many ideas.
The accomplisher of few.
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2009, 05:53:00 AM »

Awwww.... look at the cute wittle piggy-wiggy- *indecipherable sounds proclaiming cuteness*

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2009, 06:18:06 AM »

Lowpoly is awesome. Pigs are awesome.

In short,  Kiss Kiss Kiss
antony
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2009, 02:59:21 PM »

haha cute piggies Smiley
astrospoon
Level 4

Andy Hull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2009, 01:58:25 PM »

Hey-- I'm using Blender to model stuff, and the pretty cool Isometric Stage setup that someone posted awhile back to render out all the directions and such.

I was wondering though, how can you get Blender to render something without any lights? Basically render just what the preview window shows while you are working. If I delete all the lights and try to render, I just get blackness, but I want to render out some sweet low-poly objects with no lighting at all like everyone in this here thread does!

Anyone know where such a setting is hiding?

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2009, 02:18:03 PM »

little update, things were going slowy but now i'm back on track

ChevyRay
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »

Kiss

SO awesome, Eclipse.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 192