Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:33:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGravity box
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Gravity box  (Read 4803 times)
ashtonmorris
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2016, 07:25:55 AM »

You tiny character animations look fantastic. But I feel like there is a discontinuity between their level of quality and clarity and the background/level. I wouldn't know how to improve it but its something I noticed.

Looks fun!

Ashton Morris - Composer & Sound Designer

Roah * Bomblsinger * Goliath * Wings of Vi * Lemma * Bit Heroes * Star Command Galaxies

http://www.ashtonmorris.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ashtonmorris
Pix n chips
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2016, 02:08:03 PM »

You tiny character animations look fantastic. But I feel like there is a discontinuity between their level of quality and clarity and the background/level. I wouldn't know how to improve it but its something I noticed.

Looks fun!

Yeah, we've already noticed that, but we didn't thought it was so important or noticeable. Anyway now that you mention it, do you have any suggestion about how to solve it. We have worked with more detail in other backgrounds like this one
What do you think?
And also thanks for your comment

Pix n chips
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2016, 07:55:22 AM »

New spawn animation added, inspired in megaman(obviously )
¿What do you think guys?

Pix n chips
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2016, 09:14:56 AM »

I think we never showed you how did turn out the box selector, well this how actually looks like.

What do you think guys? Any sugestion?

Codimal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2016, 02:39:45 AM »

This game looks super fun! I've always been a fan of physics based games and this looks like the right mix with something more frenetic. Will it have online multiplayer? I would love to play this with my online friends.

Pix n chips
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2016, 09:39:11 AM »

quote author=Codimal link=topic=49630.msg1253209#msg1253209 date=1465036785]
This game looks super fun! I've always been a fan of physics based games and this looks like the right mix with something more frenetic. Will it have online multiplayer? I would love to play this with my online friends.
[/quote]

Well, right now its just local multiplayer, but we hope to add online multiplayer although its not on our plans. !Thanks for your comment!!

Pix n chips
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2017, 12:07:40 PM »

!We're back from the death!
Its been a long time since our last post, we haven't really worked as much as we liked, but we haven't had the chance until these  days. I really hope that some of the changes we have done work out. And we also have a surprise for you guys, we'll show it tomorrow.

For now I'll try to make a list of changes that we have done:

We added keys and padlocks, the general idea is to make mini challenges in each gravity. Also it gives you the possibility to modify some other gravities,
We added characters special skills
A timmer
New items aswell

Right now i do not have any picture of it, but well... I just wanted to say we're not dead
Also here is the screenshot saturday gif :

Thanks for reading

nikurizo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 01:25:54 PM »

Well, to move a bit the things. I'm going to talk about a feature that we added on these months.

We have had many problems with gravity changes, the main one is and has always been the "why?". At the start we thought that the items falling on other gravities would be enough motivation for gravity changes, but they just aren't, people doesn't like to change the gravity to get a power up and if they do, they only do that once per level, they need an extra reason to change.

Another reason to change is to have enemies on other gravities that could somehow affect the gravity on which you're constructing your tower, this is why we created those "Molotov throwers" you might have seen on some gifs, they are usefull for the propose but once again they are obviously not enough motivation for real gravity change, they only make you change and come back to your gravity asap. So they are most like a annoyance that just, just doesn't make you happy.

Here's a gif of the Molotov throwers doing their job:

There were other reasons for a gravity change, like kicking that king's ass (that one on the previous page) or just because the gravity you're in its filled with enemies and you want escape to a fresh gravity. But well, none of them was convincing (and they all are still there). At the end we thought that level design would make a huge difference,,,, and in order to make level design in a game like this we needed to add different objectives, that meant that you couldn't finish the level until something happened....

Sooo we added a padlock on the center of the level just to make it impossible to finish until you have reached something, and by something I mean the keys, you need to get some keys to open the center vortex in order to throw a box there.

Padlock working:

This actually forces the player to change the gravity, in fact this is a basic mechanic that can be used on any level just to make it more interesting. Because keys can be anywhere,  we can make the player think a bit to get them, or at least make him to kill some enemies, not just construct the tower.

This is a tutorial level we did to test keys:

At this time we are happy with keys, and we like what can be done with them, however they force the player to play in a certain way. To change to certain gravities not because of their likenes or strategy but because the player needs to go there to finish the level.

This forced gravity change fells ok for us but we would like to hear some ideas (or different detractors opinions) soooooo  Beer!. We are also kind of stuck with the game process, and we do still want to get to make this game, but as it has been getting complex the motivation (and time) has lowered hehe  , however Roll Eyes we are still here and we are making changes.       
           So come a comment if you fell like doing it... Wizard
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic