Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:35:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Mooseman | Demo available
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: The Mooseman | Demo available  (Read 5729 times)
Deathcraft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2015, 12:10:02 PM »

Vote for us on Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=535072127

The Mooseman is an atmospheric 2D adventure game set in the mysterious lands of Perm chud’ tribes. The player's avatar is the Mooseman; a mythological character from perm animal style objects, which we were greatly inspired by.

You are a shaman and you have the ability to see the mysterious spirit world. You are about to visit three layers of this universe - the first one is the lower world where dwell ancients gods and spirits of the dead...

The game is being developed by a small team of enthusiasts in Perm city, Russia. We call ourselves the Morteshka team (“Mort” - french for dead + “Matreshka” - famous russian toy). We love all things mysterious, historical and atmospheric, and our games reflect that.

Screenshots

Soundtrack: https://soundcloud.com/mikhail-shvachko/sets/themoosemanost
Demo download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ps4vwkkpxb0wxsm/Mooseman_en.zip?dl=0
Gameplay trailer:

Our website: http://www.mooseman.ru
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:12:04 AM by Deathcraft » Logged

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 12:12:52 PM »

Liking the look of this.

Welcome to TIG.

Deathcraft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 12:14:32 PM »

Thank you, will post more shots and hopefully a demo soon Smiley

Actionman
Level 0

ermm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 01:18:43 PM »

Wow this looks great, following. + Welcome to TIG Smiley

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 06:46:38 AM »

Is the art all created digitally? If so what is your pipeline like, do you have a set of brushes you favour? Very beautiful so far.

Deathcraft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 10:09:48 AM »

Is the art all created digitally? If so what is your pipeline like, do you have a set of brushes you favour? Very beautiful so far.

Thanks guys! The art pipeline is pretty simple. First I create a concept of location in photoshop, for example

It is basically a bunch of layers, from which later I create separate sprites.
The brush is erodible, which gives nice unevenness to the art. This is basically a standart photoshop brush:

Cakeprediction
Level 1

I'm not too sure what to put here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 10:16:38 AM »

The atmosphere you've set here is truly amazing, I'm really interested to see what'll come of this Smiley

Huge Swords and Tentacles Devlog
"If you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... a tragedy"
"You have to tell your hands to freaking do the stuff until your hands know it by their tiny hand hearts"
Music Vortex
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 11:51:45 AM »

Wow! Looks nice and intriguing! Can you tell us a bit more about the gameplay? Is it going to be puzzle solving?
Tracking this one!

Jose Mora-Jimenez - Composer
Website | Soundcloud|
Twitter
Deathcraft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 08:06:17 AM »

Wow! Looks nice and intriguing! Can you tell us a bit more about the gameplay? Is it going to be puzzle solving?
Tracking this one!

Thank you! Glad that you like it.
The mechanics are simple: all the levels have two components, the one that exists in human world and the one that exists in spirit world. They are separated, but interact in some way or another, the puzzles are based on this.
The Mooseman does no jump, nor shoot, so that's kinda different from other puzzle platformers, he just walks back and forth and he can change the world which he is in right now.
Actually you can check out the gameplay vid. But it's kinda old, there are some changes in the demo that is coming soon.

Deathcraft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 07:06:54 PM »

So I'm thinking about implementing secret zones. One type of secrets\collectibles are these hypno-fellows, how do you guys like them?

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 03:32:22 AM »

Secrets are always good

Deathcraft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 02:25:17 AM »

As we are approaching to the release of the demo version, I wanted to share the soundtrack to our game. You may check it out on soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/mikhail-shvachko/sets/themoosemanost . Don't know whether or not it is possible to embed it here though.

mikmanner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2015, 03:20:01 AM »

I like the audio in this, good sense of place

Deathcraft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 03:31:17 AM »

I like the audio in this, good sense of place
Thanks Mike, really glad you like our audio. Just wanted to say that your work is awesome!

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2015, 04:02:53 AM »

the audio goes really well with the ambiance for your game.
I think that the wind sound is a bit too loud  though in the first track but maybe it's done on purpose.
hope you can show us a new video with more parallax.

good luck on this.
Deathcraft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 01:22:21 AM »

the audio goes really well with the ambiance for your game.
I think that the wind sound is a bit too loud  though in the first track but maybe it's done on purpose.
hope you can show us a new video with more parallax.

good luck on this.

Thank you! Very soon we will release a demo with fixed parallax and all that, so you'll be able to check it out. And a new video of course  Gentleman

Deathcraft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 11:46:56 PM »

Hey everyone,

We are proud to present the first demo version of our game the Mooseman. A couple of clicks and you are about to visit the dark lower world where dwell ancient gods and spirits of the dead.

The demo version is more like an alpha build were you may play through a considerable chunk of the first world of the game, the lower world. In total there gonna be three worlds which the main character will visit to reach his ultimate goal on the lizard mountain of gods.

Tell us how you like it. Thank you and good luck in the spirit world.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ps4vwkkpxb0wxsm/Mooseman_en.zip?dl=0

Gameplay trailer:

nnyei
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2015, 08:12:51 AM »

I really have to check out this demo once I have some free time. This project looks awesome so far. Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley
Deathcraft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2015, 08:15:12 AM »

I really have to check out this demo once I have some free time. This project looks awesome so far. Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley

Thank you, please write about your impressions. Hope you'll like it Smiley But if not - we really want to improve our game, so we welcome all feedback.

Jalapenosbud
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2015, 08:41:19 AM »

Hey there! I just tried the demo, and i gotta say, i absolutely love it! I know it's in an early stage, but imo you should definitely keep some of those puzzles in, they are awesome Smiley

What i liked:
-The camera it leads ahead of you, whether you're looking left or right, so you can see whats going on infront of you.

-The graphics They are absolutely stunning, and makes the atmosphere of the game!

-The sound I can't remember if there was any, i was so immersed into the experience of the game!

-The gameplay Normally, i don't really play any adventure games. But this one really got me hooked. I liked how there's no UI and you kinda have to figure everything out. It's good that it tells you what buttons to press in the start, so you know what to do, when.
Btw i was playing it with the controller, but it just showed a spacebar, instead of A, but i figured i had to press something on the controller Smiley

The puzzles were good too, i dont think they are too hard, they are about right difficulty level, if you like me, likes to solve puzzles and get annoyed if there is too much handhelding (which there wasnt, so thats a big plus! that's actually an instant turn-off for me in games, too much handhelding).

I don't really wanna say what i liked about the puzzles, since i dont wanna spoil anything, except if that is okay, ofcourse xD

So yea overall, really great demo to play! And i hope to see more of it Smiley Keep up the great work!

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic