Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:30:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallKaraski: Play by books or break rules, writing the story of sabotaged Airship!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Karaski: Play by books or break rules, writing the story of sabotaged Airship!  (Read 672 times)
Koobazaur
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2015, 03:50:07 PM »

The Dunabe Citizen Happiness Bureau proudly presents:

The Glorious Commonwealth’s first Airship has been compromised! Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an Single-player, Open-ended and Player-driven Adventure. Dziekujemy!

Coming to PC in January so Please Vote on Steam Greenlight

Official Website | Twitter | Facebook

------------------

Onboard a the world’s first Airship, a dark plot unfolds. Each suspect has a secret and unique personality you can uncover in a nonlinear manner via dialogue, breaking into their rooms, drinking with them, or even pissing them off. But getting caught snooping around will rise your suspicion and the passengers will start doubting you more! Your interactions shape the past, present and future outcomes of the story. Different playthroughs can lead to different results.

Open-ended Story
What you say and do shapes the past, present and future.

Complex Characters and Rich Dialogue
Each passenger has a story and unique personality – uncover their dark secrets.

Metroidvania-style Nonlinear Exploration
Freely roam 4 distinct decks hunting for clues… or stealing money and booze.

Social Stealth
Don’t get caught acting suspicious, or others may blame you.

Multiple Solutions
Pick locks, crawl through vents, tinker with cogs or talk your way through.

Customize Your Playstyle
Choose from a variety of tools and approaches that suit you best.

High Replayability
The choices you make will influence gameplay and story.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 05:33:43 PM by Koobazaur » Logged
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 07:40:47 PM »

Can't wait man. Congratulations on getting this far the game's looking good. Great work. Grin

Koobazaur
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 03:46:53 PM »

Thanks :D Please follow our Twitter / Facebook, tell your friends and help us spread the word Smiley

And just a new dev blog about my typical day these days:

Typical Monday for an Indie Game Dev

Not what you might expect: an inside look at what my typical Monday looks like, being a startup indie mostly working from home with a remote team.

Continue Reading
Floko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 08:23:20 AM »

Looks nice! I'm curious to see how many different results we can get in an open-ended mistery game!
I couldn't help but wonder what would it be like if every suspect was a player trying to find out who else on the ship is the player, who is the culprit, and how to sabotage the ship without getting caught. But I guess that would be a different game already, haha Tongue

I liked it a lot, the visual style is cool, the music is super entertaining, I just missed a bit of animation on the characters. That's nothing that would stop me from playing it, though.
Already liked the facebook page, keep up the good work :D and the best of luck to you!

friendlydog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 09:18:05 AM »

looks awesome! great art style.
Koobazaur
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 01:15:44 PM »

Thanks for the encouraging feedback guys Smiley And if you're curious who's developing Karaski, check our new Team Bios page!

Koobazaur
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 03:32:20 PM »

We just launched Steam Greenlight and need your support! Please VOTE and, more importantly, SHARE & TELL YOUR FRIENDS! And if you can leave a positive comment on the page that helps too!

Koobazaur
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 11:16:55 AM »

We are now 40% of the way to top 100 in just 1 day, woo Smiley Thank You ALL who supported!

Hopefully we can keep the momentum going, so please SHARE and TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

Here are some of my favorite comments so far:

Quote from: pgkrzywy
I've played beta version and this got me hooked up. Deus Ex fans - of the stealth and story especially - gonna love this!

Quote from: Emerald king
it looks like half life 1 and zelda had a baby,then some american weirdo did this anti-terrorist thing with it because they got the license for it!

Quote from: Cxsquared
Got to play an earlier version at the 2015 GDC. All the improvements look amazing. Can't wait to play more of it!

Quote from: Party_Rhino
It seems like a pretty neat concept and a cohesive art direction. You have polish and presentation to your campaign. Something must be wrong, I thought I was at the steam greenlight voting area?

Oh and a big Thank You to Karla who put up a blurb on us at Just Adventure!

Pozdrawiam
Jakub Kasztalski
CEO & Lead Dev

~This Message has been Edited & Approved by Duanbe Curation Office ~
Koobazaur
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 02:01:26 PM »

Koobazaur
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 01:53:53 PM »

I just got back from PAX South and wanted to share:

PAX South 2016 & San Antonio Impressions from an Exhibiting Indie Game Dev

Last week I flew to San Antonio, Texas to exhibit Karaski at PAX South! It was an exhausting blast. Here’s my experience.

Read the Full Story ->

Anyone else that went? Impressions?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic