Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:17:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Great Whale Road: Steam Early Access
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: The Great Whale Road: Steam Early Access  (Read 17560 times)
Sunburned Games
Level 1

We are working on The Great Whale Road.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2016, 06:04:03 AM »

Nothing wrong with pushing the date back. New updates look great and it sounds like you guys are really hitting stride. Looking forward to snagging a copy in June. Will you be doing any open testing leading up to EA?

Thanks, Jon. We will only be doing closed testing, but you are welcome to participate. Wink

Best.
Joachim

TheWanderingBen
Level 1

Making Games Around the Globe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2016, 06:28:38 PM »

I have no idea how I missed The Great Whale Road on here! I was a Kickstarter backer and still love(!) the concept -- more historical fiction please! The art you've shown thus far looks phenomenal, which is hopefully a good sign for the quality in general. Fantastic work, I look forward to playing this! Adding this comment so I don't miss future updates Smiley

Sunburned Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2016, 11:24:32 PM »

I have no idea how I missed The Great Whale Road on here! I was a Kickstarter backer and still love(!) the concept -- more historical fiction please! The art you've shown thus far looks phenomenal, which is hopefully a good sign for the quality in general. Fantastic work, I look forward to playing this! Adding this comment so I don't miss future updates Smiley

Welcome (back). Wink If your travels bring you to Valencia one day make sure to ping us.

Best.
Joachim @ Sunburned Games

Sunburned Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2016, 01:57:31 AM »

Hi All!

We have been busy and I have to admit I am losing track of all the pages which I am supposed to keep up to date. Apologies! The Great Whale Road is coming to Steam Early Access at the end of the month, and I am happy to present our announcement trailer.

(If you can't see the video or link above, you can head over to our website: http://www.the-great-whale-road.com/)

Best.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 07:45:05 AM by Sunburned Games » Logged

TheWanderingBen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2016, 05:43:39 AM »

Ah, I was literally on the purchase page when I saw The Great Whale Road only supports PC. I'm out in Asia for at least the next three months with only my Macbook. Am I doomed to glare with envy at the rest of the Early Access community? I've actually never purchased an Early Access game, but was thrilled by this premise and your gameplay videos. Let me know if a Mac version is in the works, please!

Sunburned Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2016, 06:46:40 AM »

Ah, I was literally on the purchase page when I saw The Great Whale Road only supports PC. I'm out in Asia for at least the next three months with only my Macbook. Am I doomed to glare with envy at the rest of the Early Access community? I've actually never purchased an Early Access game, but was thrilled by this premise and your gameplay videos. Let me know if a Mac version is in the works, please!

Sorry about that! We haven't been able to buy a Mac for the studio yet, salaries first and stuff. Then we need to do some testing, but in general the game should work once we do a Mac build (Unity). Just make sure your friends with PCs buy it, increases our Mac kitty. Wink

TheWanderingBen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2016, 06:55:05 AM »

Well, if you'd like a guinea pig, I can offer to test on my two year old Macbook Pro. Just send a test build over. Yes, I'll still buy the alpha anyway Smiley Thanks for the quick response. Continued luck guys!

Sunburned Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2016, 11:23:00 AM »

Thanks! I will see if we can get a Mac build into the beta branch in the next week or two.

Cheers,

Kyle Preston
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2016, 08:36:00 PM »

Thanks! I will see if we can get a Mac build into the beta branch in the next week or two.

I am definitely in favor of this! Really looking forward to giving this one a test drive : )

Sunburned Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2016, 02:02:23 AM »

Update v0.2.0 is here!

No rest for the wicked - OK, a few team members are on holiday for the first time this year now - but I am just pushing through 2016 it seems. After we released update 0.2.0 on Friday, I have been preparing for Global Top Round (an accelerator conference) and Gamescom (Wednesday-Friday in the business area) next week.

You can find all the details about the update here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/464830/announcements/detail/610621963814720112

So far Steam has been good to us, the lion's share of people who play the game have a smooth experience. We have two support cases open which relate to crashes, and someone at the studio will have fun analysing crash dump files next week. We have been testing the game on 12 different PCs from 32-bit Windows 7 to 64-bit Windows 10, but you can't test every existing combination of hardware and software out there. But apart from that there are only a few other special cases like a Razer mouse not working in combat - maybe Unity or frequency related. We are investigating ... while continuing to add functionality and content.

Best.

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2016, 01:14:57 PM »

Hey Joachim, finally got around to snagging a copy of the game today (yeesh, this year has flown by). Hope the launch has been going great! Looking forward to finally diving in...

Sunburned Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2016, 04:09:32 AM »

Hey Joachim, finally got around to snagging a copy of the game today (yeesh, this year has flown by). Hope the launch has been going great! Looking forward to finally diving in...

Hi Jon!

First day back at the studio after Gamescom (I even have some pictures). The launch went quite smoothly and the Steam reviews are positive - what more can we ask for? Wink

We still have a lot of work ahead of us. I don't think I have published the road-map here before: http://www.the-great-whale-road.com/blog/2016/8/5/development-blog-0508-roadmap

If you have any feedback for us, fire away please!

Best.

Sunburned Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2016, 04:31:23 AM »

Hi Everyone!

We have had a busy month - our fourth major update went into early access, were one of the showcase games at Unite '16 in LA, and we are working on a redesign of our combat system.

The main highlight of v0.4.0 is the new UI, the second chapter of the Danish main storyline, as well as a range of enhancements and additional content.

We wrote more than 10,000 words worth of stories and quests, thanks to having a second writer on board. Mary, who is based in NYC, also represented us at the Made with Unity conference in LA. We also got the game ready to run on Linux/SteamOS, which just required a refactor of any functions using floats to make sure we support the full stop and comma depending on locale. So we will enable the package on the Steam store page in the new few days. And Mac will follow shortly, too.

Best,

TheWanderingBen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2016, 01:58:11 PM »

That UI update is amazing! I can read so much more on my tiny screen! Only about an hour in, but I'm having a great time role-playing. Incredible work! Continued luck  Beer!

Sunburned Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2016, 02:49:20 AM »

That UI update is amazing! I can read so much more on my tiny screen! Only about an hour in, but I'm having a great time role-playing. Incredible work! Continued luck  Beer!
Thanks, Ben! Very happy that you like it. We will switch on Mac soon. Smiley

Best,
Joachim

Sunburned Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: December 24, 2016, 09:46:31 AM »

Happy Yuletide!

Our last update for this year went live on Steam - in time for the Steam Winter Sale!

See you in 2017,

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic